Freezing and crashing

Just updated from build 6629 to 6631. As soon as I move a few steps my numpad locks up and the game severely stutters. after a few attempts to move it attempts to crash. Not using any weird mods just the mainlined ones.

I reverted and it works fine now.

[quote=“TheKobold, post:1, topic:14058”]Just updated from build 6629 to 6631. As soon as I move a few steps my numpad locks up and the game severely stutters. after a few attempts to move it attempts to crash. Not using any weird mods just the mainlined ones.

I reverted and it works fine now.[/quote]

Same here, 6630 seems to be working for me, but 6631 and the game is very very slow, and takes about 20 seconds to move 1 tile. I just reverted from 6631 to 6630 and don’t seem to be having an issue. I’m using the launcher and win10.

Just updated to 6639 from 6630 and everything seems to be fine for me now.

Actually I take that back, it doesn’t seem to be as bad in 6639, but still stalls after 4 or 5 steps like it was in 6631, just after a few steps instead of every step.

I can’t reproduce the slowdown, trying to get some debug info so I can figure out what’s happening.

What’s your OS?
Are you using Tiles?
What language are you using?

I am also getting such stuttering, I’m using Win10, Curses, and English.

Here’s a gif https://gyazo.com/0cff782df2a87ff445691af150226742

Windows 7

Yes I use tiles

English?

Seems that 6629 has mild lag too but only when I am loading town chunks full of zambies.

Reddit forums are reporting a lot of the same lag.

Win 10
Tiles (ChestHole 32)
English

CPU: Intel i5-4590
GPU: Gigabyte AMD R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE
HD: WD Blue 1TB

Latest build should fix this, a particular operation that was being called a gazillion times by the tile rendering code got a bit more expensive (used to be essentially free, became cheap but not free). A small refactor prevented it from being called so often.

Just updated to 6641 and everything seems to be fine so far, thanks!

Woot thanks.