Laggy experimental

I have tried 2 experimental builds from the last couple of days and they have both been laggy. 5982 was the last i tested. Especially laggy when I drive a car. For example if I try to turn I press right, wait, see reaction in game. This borderline breaks the game for me.

I play ascii with no zombie rev mod.

It might have got worse after save and exit, copy paste of save game (as backup if crash).

It seems to get worse the more I play. Maybe correlated with the amount of items I have.

Any advice?
Thanks for a awesome game. One of my all time favorites after 25 years of gaming.

I have received no reply on this issue in two weeks.

[quote=“Alacard, post:1, topic:12961”] I am receiving either latency or draw stuttering with the latest few versions of Cataclysm:DDA. There is a significant delay between pressing a key while driving (faster driving increases this delay) and the input being received by the game. This was not present when I last played (several months ago.)

Instead of running smoothly, the game appears to stagger/stutter from something not being set properly?  While I have video of this, tagged on Youtube as "bug" and "Cataclysm:DDA" which can be searched as a video uploaded today, "[i]Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links.[/i]" is in place for some reason.

I have yet to post on GitHub about this being a bonafide bug as it could be a misconfiguration on my part.  I have attempted to adjust the settings under Options>Graphics, especially the “animations”, “Rain/SCT animations”,  “Fullscreen”, “Rendering Mode” and “Scaling”.  Additionally, I have attempted this without any tiles (console) with no effect.

Maybe somebody smarter than I can shed some light on what is going on in my game.

Cataclysm:DDA info:
[ul]Version: 0.C-19655-g25c76b0 (tiles)
Build: 5891
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1[/ul]
My system specs are as follows:
[ul]Processor: AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 3408MB used, 12901MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Acer V223WL(Analog)[/ul][/quote]

Are you playing in tiles build with tiles turned off or pure ascii?

Tiles mode may soon get a big update (more proper GPU support), but at the moment it is probably rather messy.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:3, topic:13052”]Are you playing in tiles build with tiles turned off or pure ascii?

Tiles mode may soon get a big update (more proper GPU support), but at the moment it is probably rather messy.[/quote]

WHATTTTTT :slight_smile: this sounds awesome I use tiles so this realy interests me :slight_smile:

I have been playing tiles but in ascii mode, so tiles turned off.