Frequent Client Crashes

Hello @all,

I am pretty new to this type of game so please bear with me.

I am using the latest experimental Tile Build for Windows, I have pretty frequent crashes where the client just shutdowns without any notice and no Windows Error Message.
This happened with prior experimental builds and the stable build also.

This mostly happens while running happily around. I can up the crash frequency even more when I turn the debug messages on.

Settings are on standard, City Size is set to 6. Using the RagaTileset (only one viable when playing on 2560x1440 without killing my eyesight).
I tried other Tilesets but this doesn’t make any difference in the crashing department.

Is there any way to find out why this happens? Turning on some type of file logging maybe?

Thanks for reading.

Regards

yeah i’m getting this alot too.

If you are using experimental, expect crashes. It’s the reason they are called experimentals.

i give up, just too many crashes, i’m tired of having to create a new character with each update.

the thing is these crashes are an issue, and when they happen as frequently as they do then it means it’s a major issue that needs to be fixed.

oh yeah and i was also getting crashes with the stable versions, so there.

Yeah this happens ALOT. I got auto-save on a pretty frequent setting.
It usually happens when entering or getting near certain map tiles (changes all the time).
To get over this problem though, I always copy my save file before I do tasks that take like 300+ minutes like crafting certain item of mostly sleeping. Just in case it gets in a crash loop (which happened before boohoo).

This is getting very frustrating. I love the new content but i cannot access any of it before i get a game ending crash of some sort.

[quote=“retrohazard1, post:7, topic:4295”]This is getting very frustrating. I love the new content but i cannot access any of it before i get a game ending crash of some sort.[/quote]i gave the stable version another DL and it seems to actually be stable now. the major thing that’s missing from it is that items lying on top of an object(table, counter, bush, etc.) are invisible, and item lying on top of other items aren’t shown as stacked items.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:8, topic:4295”][quote=“retrohazard1, post:7, topic:4295”]This is getting very frustrating. I love the new content but i cannot access any of it before i get a game ending crash of some sort.[/quote]i gave the stable version another DL and it seems to actually be stable now. the major thing that’s missing from it is that items lying on top of an object(table, counter, bush, etc.) are invisible, and item lying on top of other items aren’t shown as stacked items.[/quote]lol i spoke too soon, the stable version has started to freeze when i sleep :frowning:

yea it seems like .6 and .7 were pretty stable but .8 and .9 are having issues.

[quote=“retrohazard1, post:10, topic:4295”]yea it seems like .6 and .7 were pretty stable but .8 and .9 are having issues.[/quote]i wish i could go back to .6 or .7, but i’m afraid my poor heart just couldn’t take loosing so much awesome new content :frowning:

It might seem like it is freezing, but it is not.

It might seem like it is freezing, but it is not.[/quote]yeah i know it runs slow when sleeping, but by freezing i meant it stops responding.

Yeah I know it runs slow when you sleep, but by freezing I meant it stops responding.
Protip: Sleeping underground (with Ambien, a rollmat, and a blanket) actually takes much less time than sleeping on the surface.

When you sleep, just leave it. It’ll respond after your char is done sleeping.

kk thanks for the tits, er, i mean tips.

still getting crashes with the experimentals :frowning:

I know it’s not a perfect solution, but best thing you can do to spare yourself the frustration of hard crashes is to hotkey the save feature. I set mine to z and anytime i finish anything significant I save my game. It eventually becomes a habit instead of a hassle. Always save before sleeping too. No exceptions.

I had just come back to my game (stable version) when I ran into a fellow named Stottner, who thought he was all that with his soldering iron, telling me to drop my wood axe or else. Naturally, I proceeded to end him, but the game crashed as soon as I took my first swing. Since I had literally just entered the game, I tried again. And again. Turns out Stottner can’t be got, the only solution was to ignore him and let him go. Does this sound like a regular bug? I haven’t seen any other posts that pinpoint one action to be the cause of a crash. Stottner is still on my map, I may try again later…

[quote=“Salty Johnson, post:18, topic:4295”]I had just come back to my game (stable version) when I ran into a fellow named Stottner, who thought he was all that with his soldering iron, telling me to drop my wood axe or else. Naturally, I proceeded to end him, but the game crashed as soon as I took my first swing. Since I had literally just entered the game, I tried again. And again. Turns out Stottner can’t be got, the only solution was to ignore him and let him go. Does this sound like a regular bug? I haven’t seen any other posts that pinpoint one action to be the cause of a crash. Stottner is still on my map, I may try again later…[/quote]try a mini-nuke :smiley:

btw, i am using 0.9-1389-gde81018 and it appears that the frequent crashes have been fixed, still looking for a lab to test for WSB.