For you survivalists out there I give you...- Litter!

Don’t forget occasional roadkill, (new player: gasp “are other people still driving around?!” :o)

I’m loathe to suggest it, but torn clothing.[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Btw, nerf zombie clothing.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
Used gum
hub caps
an occasional (rusted?) tool- road construction
traffic cones!

I’m drawing blank.

Good suggestions so far. Hard to think up too many more, really.

“A Shoe” … not shoes … just 1 shoe. It’d be unwearable, but maybe you could cut it up. I see random single shoes far too often on roadsides.
Trucker Caps/Baseball caps that are rather beat up. I see hats often too.
Sunglasses. Usually beat up or broken.
Unreadable magazines (too wet and/or muddy to read … but they’d burn.)
Discarded prophylactics. Hey look Griz, a new source of plastic, if you dare! LOL

If you add traffic cones, I want a “Traffic Cone Hat” recipe.

You reinforce the survivormask, making it extra sturdy!

Newspapers, dead batteries (not sure how to model this in game), random shopping cart (if you’re on the bad side of town)

Condoms. Did someone say condoms yet? Condoms. Someone did.

Pulled a few adopt a highway cleanups in my lifetime: empty garbage bags strewn like discarded placenta across the ditches.

Perhaps even an occasional illegal ‘community’ dumping site, where people have repeatedly thrown trash. Maybe some mutated rats or some other appropriate monster might lurk at these sites, but you find a higher density of trash and maybe even a few genuinely useful items.

Do we have Junk Yards and Landfills yet? I know we have Hazardous Waste Sarcophagi and Sewage Plants but those are often a bit more ‘extreme’ in their contents.

Landfills might even be equipped with energy-generating waste burners, which would be valuable all on their own once building power becomes ‘a thing.’ Garbage trucks might also be good for some laughs.

Now I think, might there be some robots/automated systems dedicated to managing waste sites? Forever collecting, compacting and pushing around garbage until they themselves become scrap.

Flyers please.

We really need scrapyards/junkyards. Also construction sites…

An autographed copy of “Atlas Shrugged” by Ayn Rand!

I’m ok with this. [sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Woo politics![/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

spent shell casings lying around corpses; .45 and 5.56 for military, 9mm and 7.62x39mm for druggies.

bodies of dead cops and the civillians they were protecting, surrounded by spent .40 casings and shotgun hulls.

bones, torn apart skeletons, pieces of rotten flesh.

bodies of firefighters and paramedics near ambulances and firetrucks.

bundles of money lying in and around banks.

All good ideas.

I do find myself wondering if filling the world with this many objects (if we start applying litter to everything) would harm the game’s performance. I’m not sure if it would be negligible or not.

Maybe stuff like empty plastic bags and such found scattered by the roadside on occasion, more general litter items in semi-common trashcans and a few dumping ground places chock-full of litter items, that may or may not show on the map.

Random spawned little trash clusters like with the trap clusters would be a good compromise without harming performance