Foodstuffs Expansion

Instead of fish meat and raw lobsters rotting in the grocery store, we should find fresh aquatic life in the rivers.
Imagine how fun it would be to throw bear traps in the water and watch crabs go SNAP!
Or even some fishing mechanics haha.
Because deep down inside we all want to have a fishing minigame/skill in our video games. -said every RPG game developer ever

Also, I know the clam chowder recipe is in, but I can never find clams at the grocery store. :frowning:

More MREs

• Chicken, Burrito, Lamb, Mutton, Turkey, Meatballs, Ham, Pork, Frankfurters, Noodles, Chilli, Chow Mien, Tortilla, Tuna (All real MREs)

Energy Bars (If they aren’t in game)

Bags of Nuts etc - Peanuts, Pistachio, Hazel, Cashew, Almonds etc

Peanut Butter, Chocolate Spread, Hazelnut Spread (If these arent in game)

Boxes of Dried fruit - Raisins, Banana, Apricot etc

Dried Soup Packets - Can be crafted into soup with water and heat or eaten as powder.

I feel these are mostly some of the most necessary survival foods out there. I tried to keep them as brand free as possible.

Not all of us in Ohio, probably just me. My “speech” is the most bastardized combination of assorted words put together to form how I speak.
I’ll say “Zeds” when referring to zombies, I regularly use “Bloody” in the same manner british people do, I’ve caught myself using a lot of inner-city slang, I can use fuck as an improperly placed comma, I will occasionally say “neg” instead of “no” but not “aff” instead of “yes”, I’ll use big stupid words and little undescriptive words, I’ll use “Soda” instead of “Pop” (Which to my understanding is the local ‘slang’ for Coca-cola, Pepsi, etc(

It’s like someone set my vocabulary to random and let it ride. It’s confusing as hell to a lot of people.

As far as the assorted ideas go, I’m liking a lot of these, and I’ll probably get to work on them in december, but for now I’m taking some time off from the foodstuffs expansion to actually play the damn game (and add other things… XD)

For the MRES, we have talked bout them elsewhere, and I have no idea what was decided.

I could add an MRE Kit item that when disassembled gives the assorted stuff from an MRE

Maybe an MRE recipe to make a hot one? IIRC they come with heatpacks.

EDIT: “Flameless Ration Heaters” react with water to heat food. So MRE+water+time=Hot MRE

Shouldn’t really matter at the moment whether food is hot or room temperature (at the moment), as all it does is give a 5 minute microscopic morale boost. Until they make food enjoyability reflect what temperature it is at… until then…

Also. Rice, or even instant rice. I eat this all the time with soy sauce, and can’t believe it isn’t in the game. You don’t have to add soy sauce until something changes for the condiment system though. Unless soy sauce can be used as a seasoning for something? Like the rice her dur. I don’t know much about asian cuisine other than that though. (But there should be more in the game lul). CHOW MEIN! PEKING DUCK!

I have a can of apricots in heavy syrup that doesn’t expire until 4 years from now. Non perishable fruit in cans anyone?

Ginger ale. Another variation of aluminum can sodas!

Cherry, I don’t think you’re Asian enough for it yet.

I’m so Asian, I eat soy sauce with eggs.

(Asian IRL btw)

I love egg drop soup. Delicious delicious cholesterol.
I’m hispanic and live in south Texas, so I know a bit about Mexican food, but I’m not a gourmand. Cooking skill 1 :3

Along the lines of the food expansion …

What about categorizing the restaurants and fast food joints into cuisines? It would be more in-line with reality to see various restaurants, and would be fun looting them if the buildings contained items obvious to them.

Pizza (would have fresh veggies, sausage, sauces, etc)
Taco Joint
Asian Cuisine … etc.

That’s a great idea!
I honestly have no idea what the current restaurants are supposed to represent anyways.
One time I found marshmallows and cereal in the back.
Another time I found dog food.

Shouldn’t we just outright find rat corpses in the kitchen while we’re at it?

EpicMealTime recipe:

Bacon
Bacon
Bacon
Bacon
Bacon
Bacon
Cheese
Cooked Meat
Whiskey

Nutrition: 300 Quench: -30

Fit for a lumberjack.

Nahhh just kidding, but I like this post. I like the idea of ginger ale is it’s one of my favourite beverages, personally. But come on, I’m no American, but everyone knows at the apocalypse there should be [glow=yellow,2,300]TWINKIES![/glow]

[quote=“Cherry, post:51, topic:4032”]That’s a great idea!
I honestly have no idea what the current restaurants are supposed to represent anyways.
One time I found marshmallows and cereal in the back.
Another time I found dog food.

Shouldn’t we just outright find rat corpses in the kitchen while we’re at it?[/quote]Fast food and }Generic{ (from when we had no random special foods, Inother words, in the days of Whales)
Food spawns I think are just for things tagged food (yes, dog food is consumable by the player, or was). As for the dead rats, well, slime got them too, right?

Bag of chocolate chips (4) maybe
Brownies http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Brownies-from-Scratch
Pot Brownies ^^^ any recipe + ground cannabis

That’s how I imagine they’re made at least.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:3, topic:4032”]Prepped a delightful meat sauce from an NCP recently. But yeah, they added a bunch of fruits and vegetables recently and those go bad before the end of the first week. Figured some other foodstuffs (And recipes) might be worth adding… A few I have in mind already:

Sloppy Joe & Manwich - Not sure which will be which but one will be the cannibal variant.
Hamburger/Tuna Helper - Meat (or tuna), Macaroni, and some Cheese. Human Helper for Cannibal variant?
Lunch Meat - Meat that can be eaten cold, preserved to a painful degree. Looser Lunch Meat for Cannibal Varriet.

Though a couple long-term goals I’d like to accomplish if the devs don’t hate me for what I’ve tried to do so far…
Separate “Meat” into Beef, Pork, Chicken but leave “Meat” as a catch-all for Snakes, Rabbits, Turkeys, Moose, Horses, etc. Assuming no one has an issue with it
Find a way to make the game accept multiple inputs for container type and select it at random when spawning them. (EG make it so Soda can spawn in a Can, Bottle, or 2l bottle) But this one’s more of a pipe-dream XD[/quote]

I need to be able to roast my dead horse and eat horse meat after it dies from outrunning bandits with chocolate launchers

Any eggrolls?

I’M ASIAN AND I NEED MY VIRTUAL EGGROLLS IN CATA DARN IT

Has anyone suggested Fried Chicken yet?

I think, it’s in.

Oh, delcious then. Now I can live my chicken fueled fanatasies then.