Foodstuffs Expansion

Chocolate drink sounds more like Nesquik, which to my knowledge is more like chocolate milk made with chocolate syrup. Cocoa is powdered chocolate, closer to the real stuff. It could come in a box and be mixed with hot water or hot milk.

I had an idea on how to keep drinks hot for longer, besides a thermos flask which last like a day - How about the ability to craft some kind of liquid container with a heatpack, that can be activated when holding cold coffee, for example?

Would be a portable hot drink boost.

I have a couple suggestions for post-apocalyptic snack food, although they’d probably be out of place in New England. Still!

Pork Salami Snack (or Pork Salami Stick) - Basically, Peperami (A small stick of pork salami). Usually comes in packs of 5 but can be found in single-packs too. This can probably already be covered by one of the other entries, so it’s more flavour (ha) text than anything

Poppadoms (also known as Papadums and a variety of other names) - A crispy disc-shaped snack. I dunno, I’m chowing down on some poppadoms right now and I thought they’d be a nice snack food for the apocalypse!

Marshmallows please? I want to be able to roast some marshmallows with my lighter :smiley:

Added…

Can I has less junk food please? I’ve been eating healthier in CDDA than I have in reality and I find it disturbing. (Then again if I were eating as well in reality as I were in CDDA I’d have a swath of dead bodies behind me that’d make Hannibal look small-time.)

Double posting for update:

It’s ready to go, I don’t plan to continue work on this until december. Gonna poke about in other files, work on art and “art”, or more likely just sleep in and pester my contacts on skype.

Well, when you return in December, how about adding Eggnog?

…How practical would it be to have eggnog? For that matter what the hell is it? I might add it as a seasonal thing but idk about a normal item… XD

Eggnog is well-blended raw egg, milk, spices, and rum.

Not all of it has rum, granted…but all varieties are likely to go Rotten kinda quick after game start. :-/

Not all of it has rum, granted…but all varieties are likely to go Rotten kinda quick after game start. :-/[/quote]

True, but I never could fathom why somebody would want to drink raw egg and milk if it wasn’t full of alcohol.

Not all of it has rum, granted…but all varieties are likely to go Rotten kinda quick after game start. :-/[/quote]

True, but I never could fathom why somebody would want to drink raw egg and milk if it wasn’t full of alcohol.[/quote]

This reminds me I need to find a way to lock myself out of my PC on new years…

Well if something more wholesome is desired, why not lasagna (AKA The Food of the Gods)? Everything to make it is already in 0.9, but we can’t craft it! :frowning:

Corn dogs and hot dogs! Don’t forget the bun.
I don’t really like either that much, but they seem fitting. We already have sausage.

We really need to go and get more soup…

Some of the things in this thread, I have no idea what they are. As someone from the Northeast of the US (the area where Cataclysm takes place) I’d have to urge/warn about adding things that don’t “feel” like they belong in the world.

I already cringe at the fact that the NPCs call Zombie’s “Zeds” :slight_smile:

[quote=“Dominae, post:36, topic:4032”]Some of the things in this thread, I have no idea what they are. As someone from the Northeast of the US (the area where Cataclysm takes place) I’d have to urge/warn about adding things that don’t “feel” like they belong in the world.

I already cringe at the fact that the NPCs call Zombie’s “Zeds” :)[/quote]

Feel free to mention it then. Though as far as “calling them zeds” is concerned I call them zeds XD But I’m from Ohio, not that it matters.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:37, topic:4032”][quote=“Dominae, post:36, topic:4032”]Some of the things in this thread, I have no idea what they are. As someone from the Northeast of the US (the area where Cataclysm takes place) I’d have to urge/warn about adding things that don’t “feel” like they belong in the world.

I already cringe at the fact that the NPCs call Zombie’s “Zeds” :)[/quote]

Feel free to mention it then. Though as far as “calling them zeds” is concerned I call them zeds XD But I’m from Ohio, not that it matters.[/quote]

Well, anything I have to Google and can only find on a UK site (salmiac powder), or Chaz’s suggestions (funnily enough Chaz mentioned they’re not New England’y lol) seems odd to me. But, since the game seems to take place in the “not-too-distant-future” and/or “alternate reality” I suppose any and everything that people wanna’ put in can be argued to exist and be in. I mean, technically I can get anything I want from the internet, shipped to me, or I can go to “specialty food stores” (its how I got Vegemite once … and BTW … ewww :stuck_out_tongue: ).

You guys say “Zeds” in Ohio? Weird. Is it just a “fan of the genre” type thing? I’ve literally never heard someone from the US say it before. I’m not a huge zombie-genre-follower though … so maybe its just something I haven’t run into.

Now, Canadians … Canadians I’ve heard say “Zed” tons of times … that whole “we pronounce the letter Z as Zed” thing.

Two words: pop tarts

Individually wrapped, flat, and surprisingly filling. Great food for the apocalypse.

oh god please no…

We need lobsters, cod, more fish in general, corn chowder and similar.