Food Temperature

Well, we now have HOT food wich will give you a morale boost.

I think this system should be expanded a little. Let me tell you my suggestion:

-The food is able to be

-On Fire
-Scorching
-Cooking
-Hot
-A bit hot
::Normal
-A bit cold
-Cold
-Freezing
-Icing
-Frozen

Food would change temperature by:

-The ambient
-In what pocket or container is. (working fridge, chest, under a roof, etc.)
-Fire, lava, any heating-freezing thing next to it.

And the food would have different consequences:

-On Fire - Well, any sane person will drop it. Ok, it gets any place where it is contained on fire (depends on the container), if you try to eat it it hurts your arms and face, and maybe it will heat your arms and face a bit? A message should POP-UP and say: It is on fire! Are you really sure you want to eat that? Y.N
I think it is an awesome suicide. Uh, also, morale drop. Huge.
-Scorching - Hurts you a bit, morale drop, and may give you stomache pain. So, pain.
-Cooking - It is so hot it is being cooked. It could give a bit of a morale boost, but it gives a little bit of pain. (To get things clear, it is hot, but it does not cook. Ok, it should, but we have already the craft system for that
-Hot - Morale boost.
-A bit hot - Just a bit of morale boost.
::Normal
-A bit cold - Just a bit of morale drop.
-Cold - Morale drop. It can be more days without starting to rot.
-Freezing - It can rot, but in week or so. Huge morale drop.
-Icing - Pain, it makes your arms and face cold, it can rot, but in a week or so. Huge morale drop.
-Frozen - Pain, stomachache, Makes your arms and face cold, huge morale drop.

With this there could come:

Working Fridges, needing electricity. Useful for saving food.
Ice, you can make it letting water in working fridges
To put them into water or alcohol beverages, give a huge morale boost
Changing food’s stats depending on the temperature
Give forks and knifes a good reason to be: to eat hot food, and give a huge morale boost.

Etc.

I’d rather just not have the water freezing and such with drinks.

Everything else is great though, especially the fridges thing!

Not sure if I agree with you, this seems to over-complicate things. A (hot) and (cold) would have been enough IMO. (hot) give morale but in some case spoil the food faster (TV meal) and (cold) decrease morale (unless it’s ice-cream, yaourt and suchs) and keep the food fresh a little longer.

Yeah, I think (hot) and (cold) would be enough, maybe with (burning) or (frozen) too. I do think ambient temperatures should affect food, though.

Theres also the problem that (hot) beer should give a morale drop, while (cold)beer should give a boost. The same could be said of much liquids.

If the cold beer is piss and gross then yeah cold. Plently of beers are better warmer.
so i dont think morale should be affected by anything except frozen, flaming, rotten food/drink

If the cold beer is piss and gross then yeah cold. Plently of beers are better warmer.
so i dont think morale should be affected by anything except frozen, flaming, rotten food/drink[/quote]

Ick! warm beer? You must be German or something