Fog

Just a random weather type and things i think it probably should do
-Limits vision range of all units by a certain amount
-Suppress scent
-is creepy :stuck_out_tongue:
-and perhaps some monsters come out to eat people in the fog

+1 from my end!

Fog is always nice! But there is the important question of how to graphically represent it.

Perhaps just make all the tiles outside Grey-ed out slightly except for the tiles near you, of course thee tiles that are still in your vision. then with the out of sight range thing just do something like night except it would be grey

A bunch of 8’s.

That is a suggestion, though i would think a bunch of 8’s would feel a little bit too much like everything is on fire or there are too many smoker zombies…

Though, Acid smog could be a thing :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe a bunch of #

Maybe a different shade of gray for fog? I’ve always wanted 8’s populating my world for a bit.

Orange! XD

Inverted 8s, black 8 on grey background?

How about gray “swirling”:
|-/|-/|…
on black?

you know, “swirling” as in old-school, text-mode file manager busy/wait/active UI cue way,
eai

We should make them in gradients, and in a not very encumberative letter.

I agree, fog is supposed to give a spooky feeling sorta, not a give a person a headache feeling :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a really great idea.

Personally, I think an unobtrusive grey character would be comparable to just having greyed out parts of the screen without textual representation, but either way, awesome.

maybe 3 stages, regular fog, smog (slight disliking and lowers general health (like taking away one of the vitamins you just ate)), and then acid fog which could be deadly, maybe a slight notification like “the air starts to tingle” when smog is about to turn into acid fog, and “you smell something funny” or something of the sorts when fog is about to turn into smog.

What about low-density 8s and darkness effects? Or use the rain effect with lower density, 8s instead of .s and more persistence. So you have 8s appearing, sticking around for a few seconds, then vanishing, with a couple of dozen on the screen at any given time.
Or replacing the ‘outside of vision’ hashes with eights…

[quote=“RAM, post:15, topic:5806”]What about low-density 8s and darkness effects? Or use the rain effect with lower density, 8s instead of .s and more persistence. So you have 8s appearing, sticking around for a few seconds, then vanishing, with a couple of dozen on the screen at any given time.
Or replacing the ‘outside of vision’ hashes with eights…[/quote]
the only problem with using rain is that it wouldn’t appear indoors, probably a work around though…

Fog ought to restrict vision. Figure the same field code as smoke or gas, but with it merely adding a point of Drench (so you take the Wet morale effect) if you walk through a high-strength field?

As for symbol, light grey 8, inverted at full strength (so black 8 on light grey background)?

It could appear instantly when it’s too humid and cold?

Yeah, I like light gray as backround.