First person in the future?

the recent version of adom permit to play in first person
could be possible to have a feature like this in cataclysm? i think it will fit really well

i dont now but if is going to happen i think it wuld look like the 3D visualizer in the lab

I thought of the same 3D visualizer…

Maybe it could be, but give it it’s time, and remember that it will never get to be like Stalker or DayZ, this game is a turn based game.

Also CIB (the person making the 3D visualizer) is quite busy, so we will have to be patient!

of course, that’s why i mentioned adom

Fuck, I thought this was going to be about future time travel for some reason.

Now I’m just morbidly curious as to how first-person support would work for Cataclysm: DDA.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but other than as a curiosity I don’t see it happening.

have you seen the adom’s first person mode? it’s very simple, and i think that when the 3d visualizer will be completed will be very easy to make
btw i know it’s not for now, and it was just a future dream =)

Tile based, turn based, 3d gaming has been done before… but not exactly well.

(D&D: Eye of the Beholder… circa 1991)

…That said, in an open source game, if there is enough interest, and also the expertise (and possibly some overlap between the two is required) then anything can happen!

Nobody here have tried the adom’s first person mode?

no not mi i have ADOM but i havent bin able to play it.

Tile based, turn based, 3d gaming has been done before… but not exactly well.

(D&D: Eye of the Beholder… circa 1991)

…That said, in an open source game, if there is enough interest, and also the expertise (and possibly some overlap between the two is required) then anything can happen![/quote]
Implying that that game wasn’t AMAZING!

As for ADOM, that uses Noteye if I remember right and Cataclysm displays things differently so it wouldn’t work with that, otherwise we would be able to have first person Cataclysm now.

If we did have first person Cataclysm, that’d be pretty neat but I probably wouldn’t use it.