First aid kits don't stop bleeding

First aid kits don’t immediately stop the bleeding, despite the fact that in the real world, they usually contain bandages. Instead, I get the message asking me if I want to stop using it because I was hurt. This partly defeats the purpose of a first aid kit.

As an additional comment, I have played an earlier version of this game and I believe first aid kits stopped the bleeding in it.

This is in release candidate 0.9-4834.

Well, for me they stop bleeding most of the time.
If not it, cata answers “you did not manage to stop the bleeding” or something like that.

Please check which version you are using before you respond again. You can see it in the title bar of both your screen and in my screenshot. If it is different and you are playing an earlier version, then you might mistakenly think something works correctly when it doesn’t.

A screenshot with the resulting message, including the version number in the title bar, is given below.
http://puu.sh/7dvRt.jpg

After refusing to stop multiple times, I get the screen below, with the character not in a better state than before applying the first aid kit. This is even though first aid kits are designed to be used during the duration of bleeding in reality.
http://puu.sh/7dw3h.jpg

Bugsniper - I think the wolf hit you while you were applying the kit, that’s why you got the hurt popup.

Yeah first aid kits are not necessarily the fastest things to use.

I would like to say that I was doing all of this in debug mode, and I did a long range teleport to get away first before applying the first aid kit. So I was not being attacked by wolves at the time.

I’ll do a double check then, could be some remaining things from the effects transfer that we’ve been doing.

Tested it and for me it fixed the bleeding.

Yeah, fixes it for me as well, I can’t seem to replicate your problem bugsniper.

The issue is not whether or not it stops the bleeding: First Aid generally does. The question is when it stops the bleeding. As I read bug_sniper there, the issue is that you’ll take HP loss from bleeding during the First Aid (read: Bleed-stopper) process, and as such be asked to stop First Aid because you were hurt.

And I’ve had that issue. It is kinda annoying.

Agreed, if damage from bleeding is interfering with you stopping the bleeding, that’s irritating at best.
definitely a bug, though maybe not a blocker if it ends up being complicated.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:11, topic:5238”]Agreed, if damage from bleeding is interfering with you stopping the bleeding, that’s irritating at best.
definitely a bug, though maybe not a blocker if it ends up being complicated.[/quote]

Yeah, probably not a blocker but would be nice to have. I’ll take a look.

KA101 fixed it, bleeding is suppressed as long as you’re trying to treat it.

Hey Bugsniper, what was your First AIDS skill when you were trying to teat yourself?

My first aid skill was at 0.

That could’ve been the problem.