Faulty CBM Repair

I have salvaged a faulty CBM from a body, and I want to use it, but I don’t know how to fix it’s faulty condition. I can’t mend/repair it using a soldering iron, though it’s what you’d use. It says it can’t be improved anymore this way when I try. I don’t see any other options in my actions screen that would let me fix it. Other place I’ve seen say “mend” it and then “clean” it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

You can fix them the same way as car engines:
Pick them up, open your [i]nventory, select the cbm and press enter on it or press it’s assigned letter, select [m]end followed by [1] Reset to factory state.
It takes 45 minutes, first aid 4, mechanics 3 and electronics 2 skills, as well as a tool with fine bolt turning 1 and one tool with fine screw driving 1 (or higher).

This information is accurate for 0.D experimental, 0.E and 0.E experimental build 10570 but might be different for later versions.

1 Like

Oh wow … I didn’t even see that there, thank you so much!

1 Like

Is there any other application for the (m)end option?
repairing engines and cbms?

As far as I know it’s only used (for now) to repair engines and reset CBMs. Maybe there are mods that make use of it, but I don’t know of any.

2 Likes

Used to clean and lube firearms.

2 Likes

Oh, I thought that was done by [a]ctivating the firearm repair kit or pipe cleaner.
Never even tried to do it, though…
Thanks for pointing it out.