Faction camps and zones

Here’s the thread for the base camp rework https://discourse.cataclysmdda.org/t/field-base-camp-adjustments/24924. I’m a bit over half way when it comes to expansions, with the Storage and Workshop remaining to be reworked.

The problem with player camp options currently is that there’s too much that’s hard coded that needn’t be. Something relatively simple I’d like to see is a code modification that allowed you to declare your player base variant in a JSON file (by adding it to the list). Then the camp would have another JSON list of expansions the base supported (so you can add various kinds of expansions). I’d also want to “export” knowledge of the relative location of an expansion so that the JSON format would be able to make blueprints available based on that by requiring the northwest, north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest or west token to be be present.

As it currently stands, it seems you have to replace one of the other player camp versions to make a mini camp, but if you can just get to that starting point I don’t see that much of a problem to provide the functionality that’s currently available to a base camp to be provided by it (I don’t know about a pump on the second floor of a building, nor in a basement).

When it comes to player camp wish lists, I’d like to see support for the third dimension (at least a basement), with zones available across Z levels.

1 Like