Extended Realistic Guns (mainline)

Do you use this mod?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Extended Realistic Guns was co-created with DangerNoodle, after mugling requested the creation of a Realistic Gun mod to house my 10mm Auto Pull Request and DangerNoodle’s .410 bore and .45 Long Colt Pull Request. It was expanded to include .357 Magnum cartridges plus modified coregame guns to shoot them; a new Saiga shotgun chambered for .410 and several gunmod improvements.

A list of some features:

Ammo:

1. Beefed-up 10mm Auto cartridges. 10mm is now an ammo type; it can be loaded into the S&W 610. .40 S&W can be loaded into 10mm Auto firearms.

2. .45 Long Colt cartridges, and a Single Action Army to shoot them. The .45 Long Colt can also be fired from .454 Casull pistols and .some .410 shotguns.

3. .410 bore shotshells. These light shotshells can be fired from some .454 Casull pistols.

4. .357 Magnum. The S&W 619 and COP .357 can shoot it. Any .357 Magnum pistol can also shoot .38 Special.

5. This will change after the AF2011A1 is added, but for now .38 Super can be loaded into .38 Special and .357 Magnum firearms.

6. Beefed up .50 BMG damage and buffed recoil. I might try to mainline the recoil adjustments.

Guns

1. The mainline S&W 619, S&W 610, and COP .38 were modified to fire the new ammo types.

2. M6 ASW: a combination .22 LR/.410 firearm.

3. Colt Single Action Army: A famous blackpowder pistol of 19th century USA.

4. Colt Lightning .45: A .45 Long Colt pump-action rifle.

5. Bond Arms Derringer: A tiny pistol, capable of firing .410 and .45 Long Colt.

6. .410 youth shotgun: A durable single-shot shotgun.

7. .410 pipe shotgun: A craftable single-shot shotgun.

8. Model 10: .38 revolver.

Magazines and speedloaders

1. .38 Special speedloader.

2. .357 Magnum speedloader.
    Bandoliers

3. Bandoliers were expanded to fit the cartridges

Mods [DEPRECATED]

1. A new .410 conversion kit. You can convert any 7.62x39, .223, .308, and shotgun into a .410.

2. .22, .45 and 9mm gunmods support the new ammo.

TODO

1. Add M10 .38 revolver and override for the 38 speedloader.

1. Add .270 ammotype and rifles. The cartridge doesn’t have a lot of unique rifles chambered to accept it, so the update will probably be boring.

EDIT: corrected description of Lightning .45

Looks good. Nice to see most calibres are set up along IRL lines.

Two things I’d mention though:

.38 Super runs at around 1000 PSI above what .357 does, and the bullet is a different diameter (about a thou smaller). IRL, this matters somewhat. I don’t know whether it should or not in game, but I thought I’d mention it. What does matter a bit more is that .38 Super will only fit into .357s under very specific conditions - the .38 brass has to be at the “skinny” end of it’s tolerance, and the chamber has to be loose. I tried this on two seperate pistols I own, and could fit it into neither, but know anecdotally that it works sometimes.

If the slight unrealistic-ness of it does matter, please fix the .270-.30-06 thing first, because that’s just horrible. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t understand how that works with a semblance of realism, personally.

1 Like

[quote=“ApatheticExcuse, post:2, topic:13078”]Looks good. Nice to see most calibres are set up along IRL lines.

Two things I’d mention though:

.38 Super runs at around 1000 PSI above what .357 does, and the bullet is a different diameter (about a thou smaller). IRL, this matters somewhat. I don’t know whether it should or not in game, but I thought I’d mention it. What does matter a bit more is that .38 Super will only fit into .357s under very specific conditions - the .38 brass has to be at the “skinny” end of it’s tolerance, and the chamber has to be loose. I tried this on two seperate pistols I own, and could fit it into neither, but know anecdotally that it works sometimes.

If the slight unrealistic-ness of it does matter, please fix the .270-.30-06 thing first, because that’s just horrible. :P[/quote]

.38 Super is half finished at present. I didn’t add special guns for it.

I don’t understand how that works with a semblance of realism, personally.[/quote]

The conversion kit system isn’t really realistic at present; all of the kits act like enchantments of caliber conversion.

Upcoming update: M1991 pistol chambered in .38 Super, and a AF2011A1 double-barrel semiautomatic pistol in .38 Super.

There can never be too much guns. The more guns the better! Keep up the good work!

In case you are wondering the Base Barrel Length for the 357 Magnum in this mod here is 4 inches. Also the .38 Super cannot be loaded into .38 Special anymore.

Thanks for this, I can now role play 9 year old IRL version of me with my .410 youth shotgun(I shot many of my first animal with that thing) thanks to this mod XD.

I am guessing that the .410 bore conversion is meant for other shotguns and weapons with internal magazines as 1 time I used it on an akm to try and make an automatic shotgun.

That would be caused by a lack of magazine overrides for the AKM. I’ll need to create an override with this to get it to work

[code] [ “410”, [ “saiga10mag_410”, “saiga30mag_410” ] ]

[/code]

I’ve fixed the error messages caused by the .38 speedloader by copying and modifying it into .357 Magnum speedloader.

1 Like

I’ve buffed the .50 BMG ammo damage hard to match their muzzle energy.

Would anyone object if a Glock 40 were added?

Not likely. I think more crap is a good thing. Adds realism and may piss people off but the funny thing is there really is a huge amount of variants to weapons and bullets. It does make sense to have an over abundance.

In my local area you can find 3 stores that sell guns and ammo. Outside my immediate area atleast 20 places! Keep adding more guns! =D

2 Likes

A Model 10 pistol has been added to make use of the .38 speedloader from coregame. The .38 speedloader now has an override.

Can you add a few more pocket pistols? New .410 4 shot pistol about the shape of a wallet came out in 2018. Seen it on a youtube video. I just can’t remember the damn name. Super compact and either has a clip or you feed it. Can’t remember. You may know it though since you do research into them. =)

Okay, technically it’s a case of I think I use this mod. But maybe I’m thinking of a different one.

You guys can add more caliber conversion kit’s?.
For example to .50 AE
For .50 BMG
For .44 magnum
For .40 S&W

Thanks for listening