Experimental 2789 - throwing 2x4's onto bear traps makes bear traps disappear?

So I found a cool house that was heavily trapped and full of nice shit (props to whoever put it in, btw, it was a nice surprise). I thought I’d mess around and see if I could set off the traps by throwing things into them. I tried the bear traps first and throwing my 2x4 onto their tiles made them disappear? Like, not get set off and and stay behind on the tile, just disappear. I messed around with the land mines in the middle of the living room and figured out that throwing things onto traps to set them off is probably intended before, but I can’t imagine that the bear traps disappearing is. I tried it out with a shotgun trap too - they didn’t get set off and didn’t disappear, but I figure that’s probably also intended behaviour.

Lindmines do the same. I assume it’s setting the trap off without BOOM.

In my experience, the landmines blew up just fine.

I was able to trigger shotgun traps remotely via throwing a crowbar at 'em, back when I was testing that house for merge. Can look into this.

Maybe it just doesn’t happen every time or it needs items heavier than 2x4’s or… something. Thanks anyway.

Maybe it just doesn’t happen every time or it needs items heavier than 2x4’s or… something. Thanks anyway.[/quote]

Item mass actually is part of the check, so yeah. Haven’t had the chance to look just yet but it’s next up.

Update: yep, the shotgun traps deconstruct and lose shells, the crossbow deconstructs and leaves the bolt, land mine detonates, but bear trap disappears. That’s a bug. Thanks for reporting.

Any time!

Also, setting off all the firecracks in a pack doesnt delete the pack once theyve all popped. It sticks around showing “(0) (active)”. Idk, didn’t seem right somehow.

(Excuses 4 lazy spelling. Am on mobile)

oh crap, the beartrap is trying to attach itself to the creature that set it off, but of course there isn’t one.