Expanded Lava Spawns

Exactly what the title says; expanded lava spawns.

Currently, lava “cracks” will spawn and vary in size a little.

I want to see HUGE ones that provide a real obstacle! Why would they all be so small?

Oh, and more variation. Have them curve and what not, ya know?

New (V)olcano tile.
Mountains of dirt, solid rock, and lava all over the place.
lul

But yeah lava would be pretty badass to just teleport over and watch a hoard walk right into it!
[size=24pt]MORE LAVA[/size]

Bigger lava pits would be interesting to have. A volcano base would be pretty fun to build, too.

Haha bringing out the evil master mind in all of us.

Are large streams of surface lava like, realistically possible? Geography (?) isn’t my forte.

Sure are :slight_smile:

Note that you can come across absolutely enormous lava reservoirs underground, in my experience. The cracks are just surface-lava.

What’s a cataclysmic catastrophe without a little lava?
The earth is like 90% magma and hot metal anyways.
Also, maybe when you finish those ice labs, we can get some

Back to the OP idea, you can play around a little more with surface lava.
I’ve only seen underground lava twice, but with the items in the game, the only thing I do is, “Welp gotta go around from a different subway path. Bye bye LAVA”

[quote=“Cherry, post:7, topic:4395”]What’s a cataclysmic catastrophe without a little lava?
The earth is like 90% magma and hot metal anyways.
Also, maybe when you finish those ice labs, we can get some [spoiler=lava labs LOL]

Back to the OP idea, you can play around a little more with surface lava.
I’ve only seen underground lava twice, but with the items in the game, the only thing I do is, “Welp gotta go around from a different subway path. Bye bye LAVA”[/quote]

Call them like … “Geothermal Energy Labs” and it’d actually make total sense, actually, since we already use the technology now to a growing degree :slight_smile: It’d be a place where working electricity would make sense too, even after a huge apocalypse.

Heck, it could even be a full-on expansion of content - dwarf fortress style magma monsters or something.

Oh god the clowns! I can hear the honking now…

Guys what is wrong with you, I an underground structure is going to have magma in it it better be an old sealed fortress from Aeons ago…

Complete with statues of burning fey, unmarked levers and old fabled maces made of baby bone.

So like?

oooohh you mean more more like

Cue discover that this is only the latest in a repeating cycle,

I’m always afraid I’m going to run into one of these things while driving and be instant-killed.

So, I think it’s a bad idea to add more of this crap.

[quote=“Bonevomit, post:12, topic:4395”]I’m always afraid I’m going to run into one of these things while driving and be instant-killed.

So, I think it’s a bad idea to add more of this crap.[/quote]

Lava glows in the dark and is fairly easy to notice at all hours. Even in a regular electric car the heat from driving though an underground lava thing (I spawned a car in a subway) killed me before the car was destroyed, and I got some good distance driving on the lava.

So like?

oooohh you mean more more like

Ulyaoth’s guardian? Meh, I was fond of Xel’lotath personally. :wink:

The Hellmouth needs more love: it’s right there and would be perfect for an expansion. Geotherm Labs would be good too, though New England wasn’t tectonically active last I heard (GlyphGryph?? Any information?) so Lava-compromised Lab might be better for disbelief-suspension.

And once I figure out how to do threshold & capstones, that ol’ dragon Lizard there would speed up enough to escape his doomed car whilst in the lava. Cold-Blooded should wrap around after another shot, IMO. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote=“Belteshazzar, post:11, topic:4395”]

I don’t know were you found that image but it kind of has an interesting DF vibe to it, would you care to post a link to the source?