Expand visibility?

Is there a way to make the main movement screen larger? Not larger to make the tiles larger, but to make more tiles visible at once? Also, my event log is often obscured to the point where I can only see the last event.

Hello vassock

You better ask all those questions in “Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!” instead to make for each question a new topic.

Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions! can be found 1 topic below yours.

The answer to this question is the z or Z key.

Thank you.

Is it also possible to increase the size of the window without going full screen?

That would be main menu>options>interface>terminal width/hight. Changes the size of the window.

Another thing. If I am zoomed out and drive forward or backward, it makes the “center” of the camera go off center. Is this supposed to happen?

Yes, acceleration of vehicles affects the camera view.

Thanks that helped a lot.

I got another problem. After increasing terminal size, my mouse disappears when inside the boundaries. Before, I could mouse over to view things, but now I cannot.

Nevermind, figured it out. Just turn on cursor in options.

Please do not tell people they must use that thread, it’s perfectly reasonable to make a new thread for your question.

He made 5 different topics most with 1 question while we have a topic that is meant for questions like that.

I did not told him he MUST use that, I just made him aware that there is a cleaner way to ask those kind of questions.

Is that not the reason in the first place that “Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions” exist?

I honestly don’t know why that thread exists, different questions should generally have their own threads, and “tips” threads should be short, that thread is a huge problem because it’s way too big to expect someone to read, and it’s very hard to find questions and answers in it.

And it’s been running long enough I’d be surprised if changes hadn’t made some of the earlier tips obsolete.

Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions works 709 pages perfectly fine. I and I think plenty of others will always check that topic and answer the questions asked in that thread.

Sure the early pages are obsolete and it is not really meant to read it all or to search for questions but we have Wiki and Item Browser for that.

Still Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions is a much cleaner way then that each new player will make a new tread with basic questions.

My 2 cents.

i see nothing wrong with new threads, if someone do not frequently checks forum answer for his question can be lost

The problem with tips & tricks thread is that so many people post on their so often, that questions often get lost to the abyss, never to be answered, and when you are asking the question it can seem rude to ask it again whenyou were “ignored” the first time.