Eternal Lamp

New Recipe - Eternal Lamp
1x plutonium cell
1x amplifier circuit
1x power converter
4x scrap metal
1x (plastic bottle OR glass bottle OR aluminum can OR tin can)
10x copper wire

Basically a flashlight plus a power converter plus a plutonium cell.

Description: Not truly an eternal light source, but it’s estimated to have a lifetime illumination of approximately 352 years.

Power Converter to act as a resister to allow a much lower output from the cell.
Should be a higher skill recipe as messing with the plutonium cell isn’t for the junior electricians.

We need more plutonium stuff. Who wouldn’t like a nuclear welder? Of course, they should emit radiation.

[quote=“Sheb, post:2, topic:1353”]We need more plutonium stuff. Who wouldn’t like a nuclear welder? Of course, they should emit radiation.[/quote]I think that it would give off the same radiation as the batteries alone. Since the normal batteries are capable of producing a welding flame, I think you could just use electricity straight out of the nuclear batteries.

Though, it would make some sense if the nuclear batteries slooowly emitted ambient radiation on their own. Slow enough that stat decrease would be unnoticeable but you may make you mutate after a year holding a bag full of the things. Perhaps get a lead box for this sort of situation?

I was also thinking from a balance POV. Nuclear Welder would allow for lots of crafting without hunting for batteries, so it should have a downside. Irradiating yourself would do it.

That’s why I went with only a lamp. :stuck_out_tongue:

Uh, plutonium doesn’t exactly grow on trees, even post-Cata. No need to nerf it.

Zomg yes. This. Do this.

Light strips pretty much are eternal lamps. This is rather redundant.

Yeah but they’re weak as ass.

Make oil/gasoline/kerosine lamps.
Ignite them for a good 3-4 light tiles, and it uses internal fuel and can be re-fueled. So if gasoline gets the NERF (non-infinite gasoline) then these will become less useful. But still, it’s near infinite light that is very pheaseable and good.

Light strips are a VERY weak power source. This is supposed to be a full onlight. About equivalent to a flashlight. How is it redundant?

[quote=“gtaguy, post:10, topic:1353”]Make oil/gasoline/kerosine lamps.
Ignite them for a good 3-4 light tiles, and it uses internal fuel and can be re-fueled. So if gasoline gets the NERF (non-infinite gasoline) then these will become less useful. But still, it’s near infinite light that is very pheaseable and good.[/quote]

Really we should be able to use zombie blubber in those lamps.

Get carving those boomers.

Which shouldn’t be what happens. Lightstrips were originally intended to last for 5 days and 5 hours, not 120 days.

And personally I think this should have a sizeable amount of light, but still slightly less then the flashlight. (And maybe we should consider not having it be able to be turned off? That way it has a small drawback in that if you take it with you while raiding cities you can’t go into stealth mode.

Sounds like a sound thought to me roy.

Which shouldn’t be what happens. Lightstrips were originally intended to last for 5 days and 5 hours, not 120 days.

And personally I think this should have a sizeable amount of light, but still slightly less then the flashlight. (And maybe we should consider not having it be able to be turned off? That way it has a small drawback in that if you take it with you while raiding cities you can’t go into stealth mode.[/quote]wouldnt it be reasonable to assume you could just cover the bulb so no light escapes, thus not jeapordizing stealth at all?

How about those stuff that wrap up nature’s energies, like wind? Along with a recycleables plant, and that solar panels we all own, one could make a point with a sustainable home in the wild.
Then you could raid electronics stores for those hundred-fifty inch plasmas and watch Discovery. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Iosyn, post:12, topic:1353”][quote=“gtaguy, post:10, topic:1353”]Make oil/gasoline/kerosine lamps.
Ignite them for a good 3-4 light tiles, and it uses internal fuel and can be re-fueled. So if gasoline gets the NERF (non-infinite gasoline) then these will become less useful. But still, it’s near infinite light that is very pheaseable and good.[/quote]

Really we should be able to use zombie blubber in those lamps.

Get carving those boomers.[/quote]

Since when did boomers leave a corpse?

[quote=“gtaguy, post:10, topic:1353”]Make oil/gasoline/kerosine lamps.
These are also now in the game as of yesterday night.

Orly?

Gimme some stats, I can’t compile myself.

I still want my eternal lamp. :stuck_out_tongue: