Engine Installing Bug

This bug is in the latest versions of windows graphical (2690 at the time of this writing according to the Jenkins.)

I have 2 one cylinder engines. One is a .41-Liter small, the other is a .75-Liter. The first doesn’t count as an engine for attempting to install a 1-cylinder engine on a vehicle. The second, which I obtained from a lawnmower, will work. However, once you attempt to install the .75 it will then give you the option to install either one of the engines. I’m going to assume that this is related to the very vehicle construction work done recently. If requested I can post a save.

[quote=“Killer-of-Lawyers, post:1, topic:8805”]This bug is in the latest versions of windows graphical (2690 at the time of this writing according to the Jenkins.)

I have 2 one cylinder engines. One is a .41-Liter small, the other is a .75-Liter. The first doesn’t count as an engine for attempting to install a 1-cylinder engine on a vehicle. The second, which I obtained from a lawnmower, will work. However, once you attempt to install the .75 it will then give you the option to install either one of the engines. I’m going to assume that this is related to the very vehicle construction work done recently. If requested I can post a save.[/quote]
As far as I’m aware now the variants are shown in a submenu (like frames, boards, etc) to de-clutter the main list. One of the engines flat-out not working/displaying for it is presumably a bug, though.

I was building a motorcycle last night and had some weirdness. I had only 1(one) 0.42 liter 1 cylinder motor nearby when I tried to install the engine, but the drop down list showed 2 engines available. I guessed the top one was the motor I had available, so I chose the bottom one, expecting a crash.
Instead I get a debug message about the part not being available…and a 0.00 liter 1 cylinder motor installed in my cycle. My 0.42 liter motor was still on the floor. Removing the 0 liter motor resulted in a 0 liter motor on the ground next to the 0.42 liter.

I have a few custom mods installed so I assumed that was the cause, but with this report… I’ll attempt to reproduce this in base game when I get home.

[quote=“Barhandar, post:2, topic:8805”][quote=“Killer-of-Lawyers, post:1, topic:8805”]This bug is in the latest versions of windows graphical (2690 at the time of this writing according to the Jenkins.)

I have 2 one cylinder engines. One is a .41-Liter small, the other is a .75-Liter. The first doesn’t count as an engine for attempting to install a 1-cylinder engine on a vehicle. The second, which I obtained from a lawnmower, will work. However, once you attempt to install the .75 it will then give you the option to install either one of the engines. I’m going to assume that this is related to the very vehicle construction work done recently. If requested I can post a save.[/quote]
As far as I’m aware now the variants are shown in a submenu (like frames, boards, etc) to de-clutter the main list. One of the engines flat-out not working/displaying for it is presumably a bug, though.[/quote]

Yeah, the drop down works fine, it just flat out refuses to count the .41 liter as a engine at all. It will show up in the drop down, but not as an actual part for installing.