"e" is totally OP

Really, people, I’m disappointed that none of you posted this earlier. You go on and on about how archery is OP, guns are OP, vehicles are OP, and never notice the real cause of all these problems:

The "e"xamine function. I’ll bet that most every time you raid a gun store, a pharmacy, or a garage, you use the “e” key. Without “e”, you don’t have your welders, your plastic bags, or your fancy rifles. You’ll have to go back to sticks and stones, the way Cata was meant to be played!

Nerf “e” today!

(This semi-satirical post brought to you by seeing one too many assertions that such-and-such was OP. X-( )

You know what’s OP?

That @ sign. It runs around stealing all the good stuff and leaving nothing for all the Zs out there.

Then when the Zs try to go retrieve their missing stuff the @ shoots *s at them until they turn into %s.

It’s crazy! Nerf the @ and the *s so that the Zs don’t all end up %!

This game is ridiculously easy to mod in every way (yay for compiling instead of making pseudo patches! (most games do this)), so if you don’t like something, change it. Just download the source code and remove the ability to look (use codeblocks and search look. You should be able to figure it out from there) if it really bugs you that much. If you know nothing of coding, just either forget it exists or go into the .txt that shows your controls and set it to null (Will probably work, but it has been a while since I made a mod for cata).

Also, for those complaining about bows, everything you need to change to make them what you want is in the ranged.json. It is VERY obvious what everything does, all you have to do is change a few numbers.

[quote=“drake1storm, post:3, topic:2555”]This game is ridiculously easy to mod in every way (yay for compiling instead of making pseudo patches! (most games do this)), so if you don’t like something, change it. Just download the source code and remove the ability to look (use codeblocks and search look. You should be able to figure it out from there) if it really bugs you that much. If you know nothing of coding, just either forget it exists or go into the .txt that shows your controls and set it to null (Will probably work, but it has been a while since I made a mod for cata).

Also, for those complaining about bows, everything you need to change to make them what you want is in the ranged.json. It is VERY obvious what everything does, all you have to do is change a few numbers.[/quote]

Friendly reminder:

(This [b]semi-satirical[/b] post brought to you by seeing one too many assertions that such-and-such was OP. X-( )
(Emphasis added-KA101)

“e” is that powerful–and more–but I’m kinda fond of the player being powerful. Just got tired of everyone complaining about things being overpowered. :wink:

Looks like I jumped the gun there.

So many people complain about simple things, I guess I just wanted to finally hammer in some sense.

Me too.

[spoiler=Nothing to see here.][quote=“drake1storm, post:5, topic:2555”]Looks like I jumped the gun there.[/quote]
And therein lies the fun of such posts.

Unfortunately the bait has been eaten and we’ll not likely see anyone else bite.

Please don’t take anything from my posts in this thread seriously.[/spoiler]

Modding things is OP! And the way it’s so easy to do is OP!

Oh and GIT is OP because of reasons.

I think that the DDA part is OP. It was always less OP and more balanced without the DDA part.

Again, somewhat saterical, and also somewhat true. Not that I have any complaints, more features always brings around less balance.

Well we say some things are op because they make the game way too easy.
Some of us like challenging games to stay interested in one. And its not really comlaining its more like pointing out that something is way stronger than it should be and developpers make the change if they agree about it. It is often discussed on irc with kevingranade directly.

And @ is a total wimp complaining about being wet in the rain, driving over zombie kids, killing a hostile npc, temp isnt at 30c when sleeping and wakes up to bitch about it (shut up and swallow this dozen of sleeping pills!).
Then he acts emo and doesnt want to do anything feeling depressed and playing with knives cause his clothes got wet.
We all know that everyone hits rock bottom when were caught in the rain…
Awwww poor thing… Not… GROW SOME MUTHERFUCKN BALLS AND MAN UP @
o// /_/

For real! Seriously, who gets that worked up over getting rained on?

The way the @ acts, you’d think it was made of sugar or something, afraid it was going to melt.

it is quite frustrating at times how easily he gets depressed over meaningless things like that.

[quote=“KA101, post:1, topic:2555”]Really, people, I’m disappointed that none of you posted this earlier. You go on and on about how archery is OP, guns are OP, vehicles are OP, and never notice the real cause of all these problems:

The "e"xamine function. I’ll bet that most every time you raid a gun store, a pharmacy, or a garage, you use the “e” key. Without “e”, you don’t have your welders, your plastic bags, or your fancy rifles. You’ll have to go back to sticks and stones, the way Cata was meant to be played!

Nerf “e” today!

(This semi-satirical post brought to you by seeing one too many assertions that such-and-such was OP. X-( )[/quote]

Gee, you think “e” is OP? Have you seen what the V key does? THAT’s one nasty gamebreaker, with one press you get to see EVERY ITEM in the vicinity at once. Oh, the humanity. I say the major nerfs are on their way.

All of you guys are missing the ringleader, and blaming the minions. The 789456123 and the arrow keys are way too overpowered, I mean, they make the @ move, they make it beat the shit out of things, they move his hand.

NERF THE NUMPAD AND ARROW KEYS!

I’ve taken the posts in this thread into consideration and have determined the optimum course of action for the future.

1. Items will no longer exist, you’ll start the game with a gun and sword that level up as you do, this prevents the game from being unbalanced by finding good weapons.
  2. You’ll no longer be able to move freely, the game will automatically move your character along a predetermined path and you just need to shoot zombies.
  3. The @ will be replaced by a :slight_smile: and the morale system will be removed, it was just forcing penalties on the player anyway.
  4. We’re adding hats.
  5. The hats will be obtainable through cheap microtransactions.
  6. You will also be able to buy higher level starting guns using real money. This money will be used to fund crack binges and hookers further development.
  7. The options menu is being removed, it just adds bloat and spoils leaderboards.
  8. Modding is also being removed, for the same reasons as above.

Admin just got hired at EA, congrats!

But wait, I think that Xbox is also looking at him. I hear that they are willing to pay high salaries for devs like him.

Yeah Cataclysm of Duty! Thinking is such a burden anyway.

Time to turn our brains off and line up with credit card in hand to get our silly digital hats!

The worlds first zombie themed hat simulator?

Whoa huge image!

[sub]Might want to spoiler tag big ones like that.[/sub]