Archery Not Increasing

Version: 0.B 2430 Windows Terminal
I’ve been using my self bow for a bit and my archery skill is still 0%.
Noticed that someone added some stuff to how bows work. Looks interesting but I’d be guessing something in there is the culprit.

Semi related. My recoil is always bright red.

Self bow is currently underbalanced and useless.
Archery can be trained, but you need a better weapon. Blowgun is the best for training, as it has amazing accuracy and deals next to no damage so you can plonk at those children behind fences in parks, which is faster (just mash f) than shooting the ground (f, wait, direction, f).

Yeah, but as of 0.B Stable at least I could train archery with it. :confused:

New aiming system changed a lot.
Selfbow isn’t the only weapon that got nerfed by the change.
Expect the values to get changed a few times before things stabilize.

Thanks Cool.

I think it’s just really slow. I stood in my base and kept shooting at the wall until I reached archery 1 (or 2?) And crafted a short bow which is much better. Now I have a longbow at archery 7 (50% ) and 500 heavy wooden arrows and can’t complain. 7str btw. Thanks for removing the str caps.

STR hard cap nerf happened long ago. Before I got into Cata.

You lose 2 tiles of range for every point of STR you’re missing. You can’t shoot at all below half the STR cap.

STR hard cap nerf happened long ago. Before I got into Cata.

You lose 2 tiles of range for every point of STR you’re missing. You can’t shoot at all below half the STR cap.[/quote]
Thats the answer you were talking about ^^’ Yeah I tool a reaaaallly long break from cata and this was a good decision. I feel like a noob again and that’s better than winning all the time ((That’s why every one craves for more endgame content ;_;))

The not learning archery from selfbow issue is a rather old one and not related to the aiming improvement.

The problem being, that your equipment (bow + ammo) is too bad to actually help you improve your skill, because you can’t tell the bad shots caused by equipment from the bad shots caused by bad skill.

Just upgrade to anything better as soon as possible, try to get one of the archery books.