Drove all day but left the ID's back at base(and other dumb mistakes)

After taking a road trip through a city to reach a military bunker on the far side only to realize I left “my” ID cards back at my home base I started wondering what other dumb but non-lethal(at least not immediately) mistakes people were making.

Created an entire farm with enough food to feed me for years. The harvest was ready, had finished dehydrating alot of it. Hunger was a thing of the past. Genetically unstable character, RNG decided to give me carnivore mutation and I accidentally saved…

Forgot to quicksave before installing a directional EMP CBM.
Somehow fucked up the installation (44% chance of success) to the point that I somehow became nearsighted and my arms turned into tentacles.

[quote=“Dampe, post:3, topic:10807”]Forgot to quicksave before installing a directional EMP CBM.
Somehow fucked up the installation (44% chance of success) to the point that I somehow became nearsighted and my arms turned into tentacles.[/quote]
Nearsighted I can understand since vision is pretty delicate but tentacles? Just how badly did you mess up?

Drove for like 2 days to reach the only CVD machine I found yet to make a diamond broadsword. I go all the way down the lab to the machine and bam, forgot my hydrogen home.

Facepalms were had.

So the grist vehicle I make is a lootcycle: XHHH#HHH powered by an electric motor and swappable batteries(one last forever). The top speed is normally 40 mph but this time I could only find a large electric motor. I still use it to make targeted runs since it’s less hassle then my doom wagon but I never upgraded the wheels to match its 200+safe speed. On the way home I hit a shrub at 159mph and lost my front wheel. The upside is I now have a very large patch of dirt mounds asking to be farmed.

Dropped my duffel bag, completely unencumbered and ready to beat the shit out of two ‘puny’ brutes that were coming at me…

As they stood next to me I started attacking them for little to no damage… Seems I had left my weapon in the base and the only thing I could do was punch them!

gets launched through a wall into a fuel pump, pump goes up along with my hopes and dreams

[quote=“deknegt, post:7, topic:10807”]Dropped my duffel bag, completely unencumbered and ready to beat the shit out of two ‘puny’ brutes that were coming at me…

As they stood next to me I started attacking them for little to no damage… Seems I had left my weapon in the base and the only thing I could do was punch them!

gets launched through a wall into a fuel pump, pump goes up along with my hopes and dreams[/quote]
Fists are manlier.I managed to punch shoggoth to death by having high skill,strength and dexterity.Damage is linear,though.

Set on fire the stack of 2 by 4 instead of the furnace.

Eating a mutagen by error instead of a cooked meat, resulting to a shiny new beak, destroying my survivor mask, allowing me to get spore infection in the way I got back to home.

The good old usual “swing this 55 gal drum at this guy” because I forgot to equip the weapon while I was moving some water.

I had the web spinner mutation and I lit a fire in the fireplace. There were no survivors.

What a bad pun

A common mistake for my albino martial artists. Fight zombies, realize that I forgot to unwield the umbrella.

This always happens to me with something like a vibrator etc that takes up more volume than seems reasonable so it ends up wielded when I pick it up.

This always happens to me with something like a vibrator etc that takes up more volume than seems reasonable so it ends up wielded when I pick it up.[/quote]

I only ever realize my mistake after a fight - or if particularly unlucky when the survivor is dead.

Just went to a hospital to stock up on drugs since I was two days from my base. Ran into a large group of spitter zombies and decided to fight them in the confines of the corridor. Unable to escape standing in pools of acid I barley was able to survive by using up all of the first aid+bandages on me and a double dose of LSD and bone paste from mr. stem cell. I am now standing outside the hospital with near full health, 168 pain, nothing stronger than aspirin as I watch the hospital burn to the ground because apparently zombies can cause fires w/o gas pumps now.

Driving about a 4 days away to a small cluster of military outposts/bunkers only to forget the ID’s and explosives at home.
Got home and quit for the day. Forgot that I didn’t pick up the cards the next afternoon and went back again only to realize that I forgot the ID’s AGAIN.

Frustrated, I decide to cut through a forest to loot a nearby cabin for food. A forest tile away from the bunker and I find a bunch of dead soldiers with ID’s. Not sure if I should be mad because I wasted a bunch of time going back and forth and RNG trolled me or if I should be happy since RNG basically saved me a bunch of time from going back to my base to retrieve the cards.

Why even leave ID cards at home? I just keep them on my character all the time.

Some characters can’t afford extra weight.

Some characters can’t afford extra weight.[/quote]

I have started keeping all my ID’s, a full set of tools, a plastic jerry can and, emergency food, water purification and first aid kits on the seat of my vehicle.(also some stuff from the jewelry store for trading if their’s room) This way I always have whatever I need and now exactly where it is. I also keep replacement security cameras and headlights in the doors ever since a turret shot out the ones on my doom-mobile(that was not a fun experience).

^That’s what I do in general for my survivor trucks. Containers for stuff that I looted out, separate container for needed items such as ID cards and whatnot.