Draw Your Cataclysms

Hahahaha, that’s pretty cool. Dammit, ants.

To be fair, he’s really more of a cat person.

You can’t be blamed for the dog’s lack of class. It should have gone to the mansion too…

Hah. Yes it should. I make a beeline for mansions whenever I see them, early game. Normal zombies only, and things like infinite water, libraries (with martial arts skill books!) and awesome weapons all available. I even have better luck finding things like Atomic Lamps and Coffeemakers. They’re a godsend for Broken Cyborgs as a place to hole up and start tearing out bionics until supplies run low.

Speaking of:

Poor Jack. He scared off so many new friends. But at least he still has those guys.

i have a request thread

draw a small group of zombies chasing a spore cloud

[quote=“pisskop, post:4205, topic:441”]i have a request thread

draw a small group of zombies chasing a spore cloud[/quote]
THIS!

Just make them flail around

Been a while since I submitted arts! For once this isn’t of ChazMoth, but rather going back to my ‘main’ character/persona/fursona/what-have-you, Chaz Serir:

He uses the Scoundrel base, but he also has a smattering of technical skills, so he’s a bit of a nerd as well. He’s just a nerd that’s partial to petty theft and consumption of weed. (Hey, Carl Sagan was a marijuana advocate!)

Being as he is, he prefers to keep violence to a minimum, but understands the necessity of such unpleasant tasks in days like these. While he takes no joy in killing, the feeling of accomplishment that comes from securing an area for himself is something he finds keeps him going, especially when it means he can find more materials and food to bring back to his own base.

(Man, speaking of which, I should give proper construction a try sometime and build my own base rather than just claiming someone else’s house as my own, haha)

2 Likes

The Chaz is back!

I really gotta get back into the swing of drawing Cata stuff, yeah :smiley:

^^

• Get a toolbox and screwdriver set
  • Set 2 or 3 houses on fire
  • Walk inside a third house, or furniture store.
  • Decon the furniture, take the 2x4 woods.
  • Put the wood into a trunk/cargo space.
  • Collect about 1200 nails from the burnt buildings, in total
  • Build a bedroom wherever
  • collect more advanced materials that match your needs.

Setting up a cheap wooden fencing before allows you to block los, and get out of the rain on-site.
A larg tent might also work, but is smaller

On 10x spawn rate, I was looting and came across a survivor basement. The occupants of the basement tore down the bedroom’s back wall and flanked me.

1 Like

I tried doing something in paint.

Fixed it.

[quote=“Some guy on the forums, post:4212, topic:441”]I tried doing something in paint.

They took out that particular mechanic because people were complaining about not being a magic Evel Knievel character from gen.

[quote=“Some guy on the forums, post:4212, topic:441”]I tried doing something in paint.

If the image doesn’t show, left click on it and choose open in new tab.[/quote]
FTFY

You need the image url (accessed by right-clicking and “copy image link”) rather than the imgur page.

No pics of my adventures in CDDA, as I haven’t actually played yet since that big exit I made months ago! Currently on vacation outside of Salt Lake city, realizing mountains exist. I had not previously seen them before, and now I find myself in a desert otherworld WITH mountains. It is amazing here.

I can only imagine my survivor is up to his usual shenanigans (good old burning building start and lacking for water), though gaming may have to wait until I am home. I catch a plane Tuesday morning and have a couple sights left to see. Dinosaur museum!!

This is an unofficial soft return to the forums. We’ll see if I can keep up the activity between this, WORK, and my growing aquarium hobby. You all kept the good stories rolling in here! Awesome!

1 Like

Salt Lake is pretty insane, yeah. I remember stepping out of the car for the first time and almost falling over at how fucking magnificent ‘mountain’ things are. Especially when they’re jutting out of superflat suburbia not that far away.

Yeah, Salt Lake is interesting for sure. I hail from Arkansas, I.E. Air made of hot soup and marshlands. I currently live a bit north of Salt Lake in Wyoming, several thousand feet up in sea level. I was floored by the mountains, and here in Wyoming the altitude itself. Lots of getting winded doing normal tasks from the lack of oxygen at 7500 ft. I realize you catch the plane Tuesday, but if you get the chance try following some of the goat trails in the mountains. Lots of petroglyphs (Carvings into the rocks by native peoples many many years ago) and you might catch the odd mountain goat. Also, the winters here in the high-desert are insane. Ice covered tumbleweeds sticking to your vehicle while you drive down the road.

Started a new game, maybe there’ll be more art.
(new character, fresh and clean)

Nice to see you back, Pthalocy!

And now, for what you haven’t been waiting for, a follow up drawing!
http://imgur.com/bBHPYsr

No such luck in that regard - we did do some hiking off-trail, but we kept it low altitude for my sake. My own home back in Ottawa is at a spot that’s something like 71 meters above sea level. I was something like a thousand …somethings. Shit. Feet or meters? I forget. I was higher by a third of whatever the minimum “you might feel altitude sickness” level is at. Instead of mountain goats, I got to go into a wee valley along a road called Right hobble creek or something. We went near campground country for stargazing. Found an empty burrow with equally empty snake eggs in it. I have a bunch of dead bullets (Casings) and a dead animal (deer? bone) waiting for me sometime in the mail! I didn’t wanna bring those through airport customs.

No goats for me! I had plenty of animal sightings at the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium instead. Sharks and jellyfish and everything else!!!