Does anybody use the Necromancy mod?

And has anyone found the Principles of Postmortem Mind Control book lately?

I have it, though I don’t recall activating the mod. Found the book in a mutagen lab.
I’ve not actually attempted to use it’s functions, though.

I haven’t ever actually found the book(lol), but I do enable the Necromancy mod every run(saved it to my default mods list).

What’s it actually do? You can create zombie slaves without that mod loaded, and I always thought that was what it did.

Never used it myself, but the way I understand it, Necromancy adds books and recipes for craftables that can be activated to implant them into non-pulped zed corpses, and possibly even other corpses to revive them as friendlies.

The craftables require somewhat high-skill, and a fair amount of resources, plus a book, to create, and have a chance of backfiring and keeping the revived entities hostile. I’m not sure whether the revival occurs instantaneously, or if you have to wait for it to occur naturally, but I’m willing to bet the former, since you can probably use it on things that don’t normally revive.

I’ve never bothered with it since it requires time and resources to prepare, and only has a chance of making friendly that Telekinetic-Fire-Breathing-Laser-Eyes-Ultra-Murder-Hyper-Hulk that you spent two days trying to kill, and using it on a normal zed is something of a waste.

“Creating a zombie slave” in the vanilla game is just dismembering them. You chop the arms off to stop them from grabbing and punching, though they may still be able to bite. Naturally, this requires a cutting implement, and it incurs a severe morale penalty unless you’re a psychopath, so I don’t usually do it, but I’ve heard tell that you can somehow use them as a packmule, since they’ll follow you relentlessly.

Yeah, you can make the zombie slave carry stuff, but since it’s slow, stops following you if it leaves the reality bubble, and won’t board vehicles, I never found any use for them.

I’ve actually tried to use the mod now, you make a dormant blob or zombie and release them. They can’t be recaptured, even with a pet carrier. A blob and a regular zombie. Not really helpful.
Sadly, you cannot use the revival serum on dead bodies, only as an ingredient in the dormant zombie recipe.

If you want horrific beasties for pets, I suggest getting the Arcana mod.