Do river's go on forever?

Completely unrelated, I know, but I loved this song when I was a kid (we sung it in Catalan, tough, I did not know there was an english version :laughing: )

Sorry, you can continue your conversation

1 Like

Just wanna say thanks for taking the time to answer these; It really helps to fill in the details

3 days of coding later, and I have a proof of concept working. Now I need to change how bridges are mapgenā€™d and see how it works in the game.

Is this code also a step closer to Z-level changes in the normal landscape? So that no longer everything as one giant plain but we will also have things such as hills and possibly waterfalls and rapids?

You know, couldnā€™t there be multi-tile reservoir, lake, dam buildings.

I would really enjoy a pre-cataclysm building the produces power that isnā€™t just being used for lights, like a science lab with a limitless hidden generator. And you would need to hook heavy cables (or possibly jumper cables) up to it to use the energy.

Regardless, lake/dam type buildings could easily fix this issue.

Itā€™s a necessary prerequisite to z-level landscapes, but thereā€™s also questions of how thatā€™s going to be shown on the map.

Honestly, adopting the dwarffortress mechanic of using upward/downward ramps to change z level would be the best way to manage it. I mean, itā€™s my opinion, but it feels like an objective fact because thereā€™s nothing else I can think of thatā€™d work well. They can be prettied up using whatever graphical tile so it looks more intuitive than a green arrow upwards.

If this has to result in flow of water then we COULD make a waterfall tile, but I think thatā€™s hardly necessary. New england isnā€™t known for itā€™s waterfalls and I donā€™t think anybody would mind not having it as water doesnā€™t really ā€œflowā€ to my knowledge in this game anyway.