[Discussion Thread] Gameplay differences between PC genders?

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:40, topic:6000”]Yes, there are statistical differences between the male and female populations, but unless the character you play is sampled randomly, including those biases in the game is kind of pointless.
So in other words, if you choose a female character with a very high strength, they’re more of an outlier than a male character with equivalent stregth. I fail to see the problem with that. Making it “cost more” to make a physically stronger female character is nonsensical, since the points are based on the functional outcome, not how exceptional the character is.
Even a “random” character isn’t a random sampling from a realistic population, it’s a random assemblage of traits that attempts to very crudely provide a similar degree of pros/cons as a character that has “bought” their traits.
Hey, “statistically normal character generation” might be an interesting option, at which point you pull out the tables of height/weight/strength/coordination/intellegence/etc for the US or world population and try and map them to in-game stats, but it sounds pretty boring to implement, and not much fun to play.

Similarly, the reason not to cap e.g. max strength differently based on gender isn’t because of some absurd anti-masculinity agenda, it’s because it doesn’t make sense in the context of the game.[/quote]

Agreed on all counts.

That’s what some of the creatures above have basically been arguing though.

Bringing up “Nature vs Nurture” about hard genetics.
I could not make this up if I wanted to and had vodka at my disposal.