Cataclysm Player Survey- Male to Female Ratio

I know sex is a delicate issue, so I did my best to represent some of the more distinct genders.
Please avoid getting too butthurt.
Unless that’s your thing.

I am pure energy, where is my option?

Why make a survey? It really doesn’t even matter; isn’t it enough we all like Cata? Also why is this and the age thread in The Bunker again?

I do not understand the concept of feminine and masculine well enough to give a discription of myself.

[quote=“Sabre, post:2, topic:8857”]I am pure energy, where is my option?

Why make a survey? It really doesn’t even matter; isn’t it enough we all like Cata? Also why is this and the age thread in The Bunker again?[/quote]
This.
Sex is not a delicate issue as much as it is an unnecessary one, especially on the internet. I like to think of everyone I don’t know as both male and female. Why do we need to know the ratio? Legit question, I expect an answer.

Why does there have to be a gap to begin with? We are all humans…

I once told this (not literrary but the same general meaning) to a female friend of mine.

She wasn t happy at all.

I don t understand people .

I can act really feminine sometimes, but I’m pretty sure that I’ve still got a nice pair of jiblets; so I picked male/masculine.

Nonetheless, I think the ratio would still be the same as any other game, really. We’ll see if my hypothesis is correct.

Even if this is, as discussed, kinda pointless i think it’s fun to check this, just to see what it says.

Yeah, although I’d imagine, as a videogame, and especially as a roguelike, its going to be significantly male dominated with a few notable exceptions, as this is the way of the internet.

Yeah, sadly. But i guess it happens because of the worst part of the gaming audience that rots the whole apple basket. I don’t want to get into the topic at all but you know it has been hard for women to participate in this areas.
But i seriously don’t want to start that chat.

I am a, to put it simply, a sissy. BUT A MAAAN…

I definitely agree that it’s pretty pointless, but I’m a statistics junkie, and it’s cool to see what something’s particular demographic is.

FWIW “Asexual” tends to indicate no interest in sex (as in the action), rather than not identifying as a particular sex/gender.

We have a handy stats page, that’s available even if you’ve not logged in. Last I checked, we’re 25.5 : 1 members identifying as male to members identifying as female.

KA101 has been known to peruse the stats every so often: makes for interesting reading

I am ten thousand disparate, tormented minds trapped inside a singular biological platform… AKA ‘An Author’.

Only through the act of writing, roleplaying, or interpretive antennae dancing am I capable of identifying as an individual.

[quote=“FrankyPlaysGames, post:4, topic:8857”][quote=“Sabre, post:2, topic:8857”]I am pure energy, where is my option?

Why make a survey? It really doesn’t even matter; isn’t it enough we all like Cata? Also why is this and the age thread in The Bunker again?[/quote]
This.
Sex is not a delicate issue as much as it is an unnecessary one, especially on the internet. I like to think of everyone I don’t know as both male and female. Why do we need to know the ratio? Legit question, I expect an answer.

Why does there have to be a gap to begin with? We are all humans…[/quote]

I agree it doesn’t matter, but sometimes it’s nice to know what the ratio is. I’m honestly surprised at the difference between the two genders, but in all honesty, I don’t really care much. After all, the person who got me into the game is a… well, total neopronouned xxjhxuhyx-gender special snowflake who I don’t really speak to anymore, but a biological woman.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:9, topic:8857”]Yeah, sadly. But i guess it happens because of the worst part of the gaming audience that rots the whole apple basket. I don’t want to get into the topic at all but you know it has been hard for women to participate in this areas.
But i seriously don’t want to start that chat.[/quote]

For sure. Not to mention a lot of newcomers to the gaming medium who ironically chase women out of the industry by saying how awful and toxic it is to women when it seriously isn’t.

Ssh, I’ve heard people who use this kind of language around here get the dreaded

redtext

what if your a potato/table?

Ssh, I’ve heard people who use this kind of language around here get the dreaded

redtext

R-redtext?

I am trans-dimensional space cat with over 5000 genders, where is my option?

On a more serious note: Going my “parts” I’m male but don’t really “identify” as anything, I am me, matters not if I am physically male but mentally identify as something else or trans or anything else.

This red text?

Yeah, mod voice is a thing that I’m not fond of having to use.

We did have a fair few folks around who actually did make the forum awful & toxic–mostly banned or left now, thank GlyphGryph & Kevin–and I’ve heard from at least one woman who was specifically targeted. So yeah, those weren’t such good times, and I can’t honestly say that FOSS is Not Toxic/Not Hostile to women, etc. DDA has been in the past. We’re working to make sure it isn’t now.

For some folks, identity is really important; others, not so much. IME personal experiences, etc tend to affect this, so the importance can shift from person to person and time to time. If it’s important to you, it’s important for you, and we’ll accept that.

Thanks, everyone, for helping keep the forum accessible.

Male/Agender