Diminishing returns when cutting up clothing?

I installed the latest stable version of this game and started a play through. After I found a pair of scissors, I started cutting up extra clothing I didn’t need into rags. I remember cutting up dresses, dress shirts, and a couple other things.

My first couple articles of clothing yielded around 7 rags or so. However, with each successive article of clothing I cut up, I got less and less rags out of it, until I only yielded a 1 rag out of an entire dress.

All of these clothes were in perfect condition when I started cutting them up. What’s the deal here?

cut down item is random (and depend of your actual skill, after a while, it’s like it’s not random at all and give you max possible each time).

That bug’s been addressed already, I think; having 5 backpacks to cut them into rags yielded 10, then 9, and after that 8, 7 and 6 rags consequently. All done at the time the skill was high enough, 3 or 4 at least.
But it’s a thing we left behind with previous versions, so even 0.6 Samedi applies scissors with no bugs.

Is it specific to scissors? I haven’t noticed it using my combat knife.

I really think the whole bit about obtaining material and repairing items had been thoroughly tested since 0.5 version had its portion of the code redone.

[quote=“vultures, post:3, topic:2391”]That bug’s been addressed already, I think; having 5 backpacks to cut them into rags yielded 10, then 9, and after that 8, 7 and 6 rags consequently. All done at the time the skill was high enough, 3 or 4 at least.
But it’s a thing we left behind with previous versions, so even 0.6 Samedi applies scissors with no bugs.[/quote]

Did you say this bug has already been addressed? Because I’m running the newly released stable version, and saw this behavior.

More context:
My tailoring skill is 1 or below
I was using scissors to cut up various articles of clothing
The amount of rags I got consistently went down with each successive item of clothing I tried to cut, the last cuts yielding 1 rag for an entire piece of clothing,

Perhaps I just got a series of bad rolls yielding consistently worse results, but even if that were the case, I think “1 rag” is too low of a lower bound for cutting up an entire dress. How skilled to you have to be to make “rags”?

Got 7.1.
New car.8/11/6/7 stats
No Trait.
No skill.
20 dress, one scissor.
7-1-2-2-8-4-1-3-3-4-7-1-7-3-4-7-2-6-7rags.

I think you just imagine thing. To do more test enable cheat by assigning a key to the cheat menu (its at the bottom of the list of key in option). If, after tested like iv explained, you keep have trouble with this, re download the latest version 7.1 here http://en.cataclysmdda.com/. It’s on the right side, under stable release.

Last one thing, before doing that, check if you don’t your hand shakking or stuff like that. Maybe it do something, even if i don’t think so.

Ya, I’m guessing I just had a series of bad rolls, and thought it was a steady pattern. I’ve since have gotten better yields, although my tailoring skill is higher.