Difference from High night vision and normal NV?

I might be getting this completely wrong, but I don't seem to have noticed a difference, if anything, my night vision seems to have gotten worse when it went to 'high' instead of regular night vision

Check your Mutations interface. My key is [, I don’t know if that’s the default. You may need to activate the mutation.

Also, it might not make any difference with your high perception. I think that for low perception, taking night vision does absolutely nothing.

Night Vision mutation line does not scale with perception. They both provide linear range, it’s just that the mutation gives more range per point invested, but no other bonuses.
Perception is 1 range per 3 points, NV1 is 2 range (so 1 range per point), NV2 is 4.5 range, NV3 is 10 range.

also, check ur eyes encumbrance, it influences on night vision range

^Yeah. Was surprised about that when I started playing again; makes it harder to permanently wear a gas mask.

Still, I reckon it’s because the mutation gets deactivated when it mutated to high NV. I remember tripping up on that one a long time ago.

[quote=“Azrad, post:6, topic:13531”]^Yeah. Was surprised about that when I started playing again; makes it harder to permanently wear a gas mask.

Still, I reckon it’s because the mutation gets deactivated when it mutated to high NV. I remember tripping up on that one a long time ago.[/quote]

Same - first time I got the next mutation, I was all weirded out because my NV seemed to be GONE! Turn it on, problem solved…