Reading by console-light

Totally legit, if you sit next to the computer console in the base shelter you can read books any time of day.

On a side note, there seems to be some issue with night vision, most of the time it works properly (I only see two spaces out), but sometimes it lets me see like 6-8.

1. Not a bug

2. With the lighting update in the game you can get more light in some areas, im not too sure how it works exactly but I don’t think it’s a bug.

There are 3 different night vision mutations:
Night vision - lets you see 2
High Night vision - lets you see 4
Full Night vision - lets you see 6? Might be higher.

As such if you have higher levels you will be able to see farther in the dark.

i’ve also met this bug where the FoV around me is higher than normal at night, up to flashlight dimension, mostly when reading near a light source like a fire. This extended FoV moves around with the character, and it resets to normal after sleeping or doing other activities requiring time, like crafting.

[quote=“pingpong, post:1, topic:1103”]Totally legit, if you sit next to the computer console in the base shelter you can read books any time of day.

On a side note, there seems to be some issue with night vision, most of the time it works properly (I only see two spaces out), but sometimes it lets me see like 6-8.[/quote]

1. yeah it’s the main reason i don’t build my base outside the starting shelter

2. yeah i get this too. i think there have been other threads about it though.

For the night vision thing check your weather. if it says “sunny” or “clear” (might have been updated to say something else) it’s because the moon is out and thus giving more light. Or at least that’s the rational behind it I believe.