Dex debuff and spasms without apparent reason

I am having a bit of a problem.

My Dexterity has been 8/12 for five to ten days now, and I constantly get spasms which knock me to the floor and stun me. But there is nothing listed under the effects tab on the status screen, I am completely unencumbered and have normal body termerature (though when I first noticed those effects I was constantly warm on all body parts even though no warmth was coming from my clothes). And all other stats are fine.

I’d really like to know if that is due to some disease or parasite or whatever that I first have to discover, or just a bug and I should post this in The Garage.

If somebody could tell me whether it is one or the other, or even how to fix it (if it’s a bug), I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advanvce!

Have you cut yourself on sharp terrain in the past? If so, you may have tetanus. You can blood-filter with the CBM, eat royal jelly, or take diazepam (and get lucky) to fix.

Thanks for the reply!
I was 80% sure that it was a bug, since nothing is showing up in the effects window and only that one stat, dexterity, is affected, and then for 4 points. But if this actually fits tetanus, I will definitely try one of those possible cures as soon as I find one of them.
Again, thank you very much!

[quote=“Sulaweyo, post:3, topic:6697”]Thanks for the reply!
I was 80% sure that it was a bug, since nothing is showing up in the effects window and only that one stat, dexterity, is affected, and then for 4 points. But if this actually fits tetanus, I will definitely try one of those possible cures as soon as I find one of them.
Again, thank you very much![/quote]

Yeah, tetanus isn’t easily enough diagnosed to get an effects-window message. We went back and forth on that in Git but settled on the current implementation. (It may get another rework, but that would affect drug interaction, not status messages.)

Sorry, but glad it’s working out.

Well, good to know. Thanks.

Don’t you cure yourself with large does of antibiotics now? Diazepam just suppresses the symptoms (used to be the cure but that made no sense).

So I went to raid a lab hoping to find one of the cures. Directly behind the main entrance was a turret waiting for me, brought me damn close to death before I could even react. I survived, manage to destroy the turret and hurt myself even more by throwing a pack of C4. The Lab was tiny and didn’t have anything, but I got that broken arm from the turret, and not being able to use my pneumatic bolt driver to fend off a pair of mi-gos on my way to the next lab, I died pretty pathetically.

Oh well, better luck next time.

Maybe. Wasn’t sure if that was something Rivet planned on fixing, or if she’d implemented it. A quick check indicates that she did and Kevin merged it, so yeah. Sorry, Sulaweyo.

Aww damnit, I had loads of antibiotics.
The more you know …

This isn’t tetanus. It’s those bastard brain parasites you get from eating fruits veggies and uncooked meat. Get anti-parasite drugs and you should be fine

Aww damn, another hidden disease? Am I supposed to swallow all my meds whenever I get an unexplained debuff?

No, pretty confident that one was tetanus. Brain parasites would just be headaches.

(Antiparasitic drugs in that case, and they’re pretty reliable.)

You can reliably avoid parasites by not eating uncooked (but cookable) food/water.

No, pretty confident that one was tetanus. Brain parasites would just be headaches.

You can reliably avoid parasites by not eating uncooked (but cookable) food/water.[/quote]

What about hotdogs, they can be cooked but are already cooked? 0_o

You can reliably avoid parasites by not eating uncooked (but cookable) food/water.[/quote]

What about hotdogs, they can be cooked but are already cooked? 0_o[/quote]

If they are already cooked, they are not uncooked, I guess?

What about hotdogs, they can be cooked but are already cooked? 0_o[/quote]

If they are already cooked, they are not uncooked, I guess?[/quote]

Exactly. Precooked meat has the parasites already removed.

I love when events in game have people so puzzled that they go to the forums and ask if its a bug or a in game feature, keeps the game interesting including if you don’t pay attention to the changes that are made every version.

THEY’RE ALL FEATURES HUEHUEHHE