CTD on getting within about 3 overmap tiles of mobile base

I’m guessing I’ve, so to speak, breached my warranty by lots of save-scumming and updating versions on the same save, so I’m not expecting much help - mainly just posting in case it’s a more common issue that anyone else is having.

I’m on the tiles version 0.A-2326.zip 2014-11-03 00:53, on Windows 7.

I got out of my mobile base vehicle (filled with tools, loot, etc) then basically got murdered by a huge number of zombies right outside. Alt+F4’d, save-scummed, and now if I get within about 3 overmap tiles of where I died, it crashes. This was on the outskirts of a small town, right outside an appartment tower.

Not the end of the world, and I’m guessing crashes are to be expected when you cheat and also change versions mid-save, but I figured it was worth asking in case it’s a known issue.

i think i’'ve had a very similar crash with 0.A stable some time ago, only without death — just returning to base from a long raid. switching to experimental and loading the same save worked ok so i saved the pers.

How large is your vehicle? You may be crashing when the keyframe ‘leaves’ your reality bubble.

mine was (is) a modest modification of a humvee (screenshot):