Keep getting thrown from vehicle .C STABLE

Running, win7, SDL/Tiles. .C

I’m driving my Awesome ZedsDeadCruncher ™. There’s a load of ants I’m trying to steamroll and… before I actually got to any, I got tossed, from a seat with a 5 point harness. I easily went a screen length away.

The message is: DEBUG: game::draw_veh_dir_indicator: no vehicle!
Press spacebar…

The first time I flew probably 70+ tiles. Took zero dmg. It took a lot of spacebar hits.
I got back in… and… it punted me immediately again.

It also autosaved after punting me.

Here’s a screenshot. So far 12s (2 turns) have passed since I was kicked. I’ve had to hit spacebar like 12 times… It’s annoying. What is broken?

also I’m “SAFE” yeah! I’m not going to die in the power armor. But I really don’t want them to crush the inside of the vehicle… sigh…
Screenie

let’s see if I can remote control it… maybe that will reset it.

Edit:
Remote control I’m too far. (was only like 30 tiles… so sad).

I got back inside, this is the 2nd message. Which I think is again once I take control punts me immediately after.
DEBUG: map::board_vehicle: passenger (character name here) is already there.

I’m 1 tile from 2 control points I can drive from.
2nd screenie

This time I paid attention to what happened when I walked forward straight. (Not my original location). It then placed me up one, (my original location). I took control of the vehicle, handbreaked and was able to back up. I didn’t dare try and go forward as that seemed to cause the 2nd flight.

Yikes. If you’ve got a save where we could replicate this, throw it on the cloud and link please? That definitely shouldn’t be happening.

Well, I didn’t have a save the ‘first time’ it happened.

I just replicated it. Whatever it causing it, it just happened again. A few days later/week in game, different location.

I just manually saved it so I could get a copy for you, and it popped me back into the driver seat as I was flying through the reinforced windshield.

That’s the odd thing. I have reinforced windshields that do not get broken that it’s tossing me through.

What seems to happen is there to be a lot of zeds/animals on the screen, then I crank up the speed some roll them over. (literally with the 73" rollers in front) and it happens.

Also note: I have the option on where the distance is a circle from the character instead of tiles. I had a sudden thought maybe this is causing issues. It seems to maybe happen when I turn slightly. Every time I’ve been tossed out it’s been at an angle, like a toss from a turn. The vehicle immediately seems to stop though because the driver is gone, but it shouldn’t be.

Do you still want this save? Do you need only the .sav file? or 60mb(unzipped, I would compress it) folder?.

Then I’ll find someplace to store and link it. Being in IT Security, I don’t typically store, or share anything in the ‘cloud’. But finding something shouldn’t be hard, the world loves to overshare stuff.

I probably won’t be personally making the fix, and it’d be good to have either the folder or a step-by-step way to reproduce. So far, I’m reading “circular tiles, modded road roller with reinforced windshield and five-point harness, have lots of critters around, accelerate to run them over, manually turn the vehicle, BAM thrown.”

If that’s all we need to do, sure, that’ll suffice, and keep the file around just in case, please.

In “How did you last die?” thread there’s this post:

[quote=“Exqupalaquateql, post:1385, topic:339”]I was driving my modified and fully repaired apc when suddenly I crashed through the windshield and died. Never found out what caused it.

Later I got killed in the same vehicle when my diesel tank exploded for no reason at all.

All the important parts on the car are armored with superalloy and in good repair. Are some of the artifacts I collected doing this?[/quote]

The part about diesel tank suggests that the vehicle collides with something out there. May be related to big vehicles glitching when near the end of the screen (appearing/disappearing is one thing, but they sometimes teleport around).

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:5, topic:9197”]In “How did you last die?” thread there’s this post:

[quote=“Exqupalaquateql, post:1385, topic:339”]I was driving my modified and fully repaired apc when suddenly I crashed through the windshield and died. Never found out what caused it.

Later I got killed in the same vehicle when my diesel tank exploded for no reason at all.

All the important parts on the car are armored with superalloy and in good repair. Are some of the artifacts I collected doing this?[/quote]

The part about diesel tank suggests that the vehicle collides with something out there. May be related to big vehicles glitching when near the end of the screen (appearing/disappearing is one thing, but they sometimes teleport around).[/quote]

So that’s a different vehicle. I took my old .B save off into .C and I wanted to die to start over. So I went off driving around. I died by losing control and crashing into a gasoline pump.

I bug reported that in the deathcam in another thread here. That deathcam kept going and going and going and going. for like 9+ ingame hours with no way to stop it. Eventually the zombies destroyed my APC. There also was no explosion. I’ve died from explosion since and watched the deathcam happen, it’s awesome.

This one is different, and like my 5th survivor in .C

I’ve been playing it trying to explore a lot.

It’s a custom created vehicle. I think it’s 2 v12’s, a v8, and 2 large electric. I run on a v12 and 1 electric most of the time. I cut the 73" rollers off and mounted them 7 across the front (interesting that 53-73" rollers all weight 1600ish lbs). Layer the front rollers and support frames behind with military composite armor.

Going at least 29-39 I can knock over small tree’s (2-3), going 60+ you can mow down a forest. Hence the multiple engines to keep the power gain if I need to crush a lot of things. It’s a heavy SOB and a gas hog, but it’s fun.

Whole thing is on a heavy frame as running over things tends to go under the vehicle. I’d have stuck with diesel, except… there was no fuel for the first few towns so I abandoned it. (Why can we not make bio-diesel?)

I’m going to load a copy of that save as it’s in the area that had issues and go back near the anthill and see if I can consistently get it to happen.

I’m wondering if I drove over something that didn’t die and it ended up in the same ‘tilespace’ that I was in and thus I got booted from it as I was moving, since 2 living objects cannot be in the same tilespace (least from what I understand).

To make that last point easier, I’ll remove the rollers and lighten the frame in front of where i am so I don’t crush the zeds/critters as easily