Crossbow mods

so i’ve noticed that it is still not possible to modify an xbow in this game, but a couple years ago i had the opportunity to fire a couple of bolts from a friend’s crossbow, and it had the fanciest laser sight i have ever seen. i think it should be possible to add certain mods to xbows, such as laser, holographic, and improved iron sights, and maybe a few others such as verticle grips, tactical slings, etc…

I second this, we really need to expand the mod categories to cover bows and crossbows.

so i’ve noticed that it is still not possible for people to use the search bar…

Seriously though, this has been discussed hundreds of times.

You do realize that they’re regular crossbows. Not Xbows.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:4, topic:4511”]You do realize that they’re regular crossbows. Not Xbows.[/quote]you do realize that xbow is shorthand for crossbow, they’re the same weapon.

…You do realize nothing is stopping you from taping a attachment on a crossbow or mounting a picatinny rail on it?
Also, Xbow, or +bow is shorthand for crossbow…

…You do realize nothing is stopping you from taping a attachment on a crossbow or mounting a picatinny rail on it?
Also, Xbow, or +bow is shorthand for crossbow…[/quote] my words exactly. no i mean seriously, it’s literally the next post after Ninja’s. :stuck_out_tongue:

As it turns out, this isn’t nearly as hard to code as I thought it might be, I’ve got a PR adding the framework for it up now. link here. I could use some advice as to what gunmods should fit on crossbows though, so please let me know!

As far as crossbow mods go, I’d like to see a few things like higher-tension strings (is that even a thing with crossbows), where it’d increase the damage, but also take longer to reload; On the same note it’d be pretty cool to be able to mount certain reloading mechanisms onto the crossbow, say a windlass or a push and/or pull lever.

Most of the existing optics should be able to be attached to crossbows, same with the enhanced furniture stuff like the forward vertical grip and enhanced stock type things.

Perhaps we could have a special crossbow bayonet (it’d be so easy to add in that it’s downright ridiculous) or one of those fancy quivers that mounts right on the weapon - sort of a multishot version of the spare magazine gunmod.

I want bow mods…

And tac-lights.

can i have a rail mounted crossbow on my crossbow so i can crossbow while i crossbow?

Well there’s always the Pneumatic bolt driver, it’s for all intents and purposes a rifle so you could put an underslung crossbow on that.

but its not the saaaaame, i wanna load one with normal bolts and the under one with explosive tipped, like a grenade launcher but cooler

also harpoon guns need to be a thing, i want to attach zombies to my car like in crackdown haha

This.

i actually wanna sig that but i have no idea how haha
*edit nevermind

Working on adding functionality for crossbow mods -> http://is.gd/acSxNF

How about just mounting a grenade launcher on your crossbow?