Bow "wearing" and crossbow straping

Re: Latest experimental features. « Reply #527 on: November 28, 2014, 10:59:38 PM »

Quote from: Newper5 on November 28, 2014, 10:34:38 PM

You can now craft shoulder straps to attach to your weapons as accessories, and then wear them over your back.  Only unfortunate bit is that you cannot attach them to bows.

I just put the “IS_ARMOR” and the “BELTED” flags on all the bows. I mean, a bow is just a piece of wood with a long string on both ends connected. It makes sense that you wear the entire thing around you.

Or add a flag to put your bow inside your quiver.

Hi there, thanks a lot for this upgrade, no problem with rifle / submachinegun !
But i m sad that Bow can’t be wear as it is mentionned… try to wear bow / activate bow … but nothig happends… (v.2475)

Crossbow can’t be attached by shoulder straping, they miss an accessory slot for this mod, could you add this?

But i m sad that Bow can't be wear as it is mentionned... try to wear bow / activate bow .... but nothig happends.. (v.2475)

Have you added the “IS_ARMOR” entry to the flags in the json file? It works fine for the longbow:

{
      "id" : "longbow",
      "flags" : ["ALWAYS_TWOHAND", "STR10_DRAW", "RELOAD_AND_SHOOT", "IS_ARMOR"],
   },
Crossbow can't be attached by shoulder straping, they miss an accessory slot for this mod, could you add this?

Crossbows have the accessory slot, they have 4 of them, but the shoulder straps does not have the crossbow as valid mod target, you need to add it:

{
        "id":"shoulder_strap",
        "mod_targets": ["rifle", "shotgun", "smg", "crossbow"]
   },

thanks a lot for answer !

Outch, i thought that was already merged…

Can you tell me how edit json file? whit what we can open them?
I never try to edit them, the world is enough apocalyptic without my noob-helping hand! :wink:

thanks again.

Use any plain-text editor you want, I heard notepad++ is the preferred tool for window.

Thanks a lot BevapDin, you are my heroe of the day !!!
May your run be épic :wink:

[quote=“BevapDin, post:2, topic:8197”]

But i m sad that Bow can’t be wear as it is mentionned… try to wear bow / activate bow … but nothig happends… (v.2475)

Have you added the “IS_ARMOR” entry to the flags in the json file? It works fine for the longbow:

{
      "id" : "longbow",
      "flags" : ["ALWAYS_TWOHAND", "STR10_DRAW", "RELOAD_AND_SHOOT", "IS_ARMOR"],
   },
Crossbow can't be attached by shoulder straping, they miss an accessory slot for this mod, could you add this?

Crossbows have the accessory slot, they have 4 of them, but the shoulder straps does not have the crossbow as valid mod target, you need to add it:

{ "id":"shoulder_strap", ... "mod_targets": ["rifle", "shotgun", "smg", "crossbow"] }, [/quote]

I could’ve sworn I added the tag in the merge but it didn’t work for crossbows. :-/