Creative ways to kill NPCs

So… i know this game ain’t exactly the sims… but my almost god-character is slowly running out of fun things to do.
So, seeing as my only NPC is kind of useless, i prepared this:

Deep pits, filled with flammable materials surround a poor NPC who was told to guard this place… i will soon throw a molotov and watch it all burn.

So - did any of you do something similar? I know people around here mostly tend to kill NPCs for meat, but i am talking about clever death sentences that require a bit of work.

build arena, put npc on the arena with few closed rooms, kill zombies but try to remain bodies fully intact (bump at zombies with car at 16km/h?) throw zombies in closed rooms (like with palisade gate), wait tuntil they resurrect and open door finaly start watching how npc handle them

A briliant idea that requires a lot of work… but i might do it some time later :3

`

[quote=“MrQwerty, post:1, topic:11961”]So… i know this game ain’t exactly the sims… but my almost god-character is slowly running out of fun things to do.
So, seeing as my only NPC is kind of useless, i prepared this:

Deep pits, filled with flammable materials surround a poor NPC who was told to guard this place… i will soon throw a molotov and watch it all burn.

So - did any of you do something similar? I know people around here mostly tend to kill NPCs for meat, but i am talking about clever death sentences that require a bit of work.[/quote]

Wouldn’t spiked pits be better? Also, I wouldn’t surprise me if only one ring of pits was insufficient and the NPC made it out.

he didn’t - he burned alive in the first one

what about chimera serum for npc?

Hmmm… as of now - there is now way to do it forcefully, and seeing as i couldn’t tempt a fully trusting NPC to eat a marloss berry, i doubt he would willingly take a shot of serum.

Serums will work, marloss stuff is explicitly forbidden because its code is horrible and unupdated and also lore reasons.

I never find the need to devise ways for my NPCs to die, they’re always more than willing to murder themselves in spectacular fashion, like sitting around whacking a zombie while fire encroaches upon their position… Or trying to take on brutes with their bare hands or a rock.

Still, I’m sure giving them a few heavy things to carry (say a duffel bag full of logs) and convincing them to follow you out into deep water could make for a good time. Maybe use CBMs to go invisible and lead them to a military outpost chock full of active turrets? Of course there’s always making them stand next to lava and seeing how quickly they burn to death that way. Or if the fire pit idea isn’t grand enough, lead them into a forest and set that on fire. Preferably with every direction blocked off with roaring infernos!

Maybe you can trade them an active explosive? Even better if it works with remote c4… Just let them dive into a horde and Ka-Boom!

trading active explosive to npc? sounds like revenge for all dynamite(lit) presents from npcs

You don’t even have to do anything. Sooner or later they will kill themselves in a hilarious way anyway.

Doesn’t work now, but before you can push NPCs who have joined you anywhere you want… such as that dissector in the lab.

Right now I can’t help but wonder if you can use the shockwave generator CBM to “gently” push NPCs and make them bump/go through stuff, such as zombies, akin to the hulk/brute smash attack.

Some time ago I had a somewhat…psychotic Character ; he invented a new game: Goon-Bowling.
The rules are simple: Find 10 survivors and put them into a triangle, like the pins at bowling. Then, grab whatever explosive [grenades for authentic feeling, rocket launcher, if it’s your first time <3 ] and try to ‘knock down’ as many survivors as you can, with as little explosives as possible. The distance between each pin is, for obvious reasons, dependent on the type of ‘bowling ball’ you’re using.

Another game he invented: Willhelm Death.
Rules: Find a Survivor [bonus points for finding one with the Name Walter] and put him on Guard, after you gave him an Apple. Then, go some tiles away, grab your crossbow [Willhelm tell was in fact a known Crossbowman, not an archer, not sure why he’s always depicted with a bow…] or whatever gun you have, and shoot at the Survivor until you think you hit the Apple!
Another variant of the game needs a bit more work, and it’s timebased: Find a place with Triffids and lure one of them to your Survivor. Then go on the opposite site, while the Survivor is most likely fighting, and shoot at the Triffid. You win if the Triffid dies before the Survivor…oh, to hell with it, you also win when the survivor dies!

He also had some fun with Traps. Put someone on guard, put several layers of traps around the person and then call to them, that they should follow you.

The last game, which he actually never played: Bomber-Domino.
Put a few survivors in a line [don’t forget to space them out evenly] and give them some explosives - incendiary, C4, dynamite, you name it. Then give the person at the end of the line an active explosive and watch.

[quote=“Kadian, post:14, topic:11961”]Some time ago I had a somewhat…psychotic Character ; he invented a new game: Goon-Bowling.
The rules are simple: Find 10 survivors and put them into a triangle, like the pins at bowling. Then, grab whatever explosive [grenades for authentic feeling, rocket launcher, if it’s your first time <3 ] and try to ‘knock down’ as many survivors as you can, with as little explosives as possible. The distance between each pin is, for obvious reasons, dependent on the type of ‘bowling ball’ you’re using.

Another game he invented: Willhelm Death.
Rules: Find a Survivor [bonus points for finding one with the Name Walter] and put him on Guard, after you gave him an Apple. Then, go some tiles away, grab your crossbow [Willhelm tell was in fact a known Crossbowman, not an archer, not sure why he’s always depicted with a bow…] or whatever gun you have, and shoot at the Survivor until you think you hit the Apple!
Another variant of the game needs a bit more work, and it’s timebased: Find a place with Triffids and lure one of them to your Survivor. Then go on the opposite site, while the Survivor is most likely fighting, and shoot at the Triffid. You win if the Triffid dies before the Survivor…oh, to hell with it, you also win when the survivor dies![/quote]

I believe you mean William Tell, who was a folk hero from Switzerland. “Willhelm”, at least to me, is most commonly associated with the Willhelm Scream (a stock sound effect of a guy screaming).

I believe you mean William Tell, who was a folk hero from Switzerland. “Willhelm”, at least to me, is most commonly associated with the Willhelm Scream (a stock sound effect of a guy screaming).[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but his name is Willhelm Tell. William is just the english variation of his name (originates from “willio” and “helm”, which means “the will” and “helmet” ; you could also translate it to “the sturdy/unbending/unrelenting helmet” I guess. Both of these words are ancient german~) ; I should know, I’m from Germany, the Swiss speak german too, so I should probably know the real name <3

Thanks, I didn’t know that. And nothing was burst, except for maybe the apple on his son’s head.

Does indirect Fire with a flamethrower(Or light the square they are in on fire with Mini-Flamethrower CBM) count? You can bypass morale penalties that way.

I don’t think fire counts, as long as it’s not the ‘projectile’ of the flamethrower that kills, but the fire on the floor. Still, it’s not that easy to kill npcs with fire, as they (should?) avoid Fire, unlike zombies.