Crash on exiting a submap/tinymap (0.A stable)

0.A stable (Kaufman)
SDL
Linux & Windows

i’ve encountered (seemingly) random crashed before but usually just reloaded the latest save and was fine. this time it’s more annoying: my pers has been cut off of his base, because approaching it either by foot or in a vehicle crashed the game (as far as i can guess it’s actually exiting the submap or a tinymap that leads to crash).

here’s the save. and screenshot, just in case:

p.s. yes, i’ve loaded the save in the latest experimental (0.A - 2276 - 76279a7) and it works, i can get to the base. however the experimental version has other issues for me:

1. can’t launch it under linux (sdl build requires libsdl2, curses build requires glibcxx and both are missing in the repos i use, need to google for the best solution), and i don’t play stuff that doesn’t run well under linux so i tend to stick to stable builds;
  2. it runs fine under windows but feels so slooooooow and unresponsive almost to the point of being unplayable compared to the stable 0.A =(

p.p.s. not sure this needs to be fixed as 0.A will be outdated soon with all the new cool stuff appearing in experimental builds… in which case i do hope the linux issues get fixed so that i’ll be able to just migrate the world to the newer version.

Not about your bug, but if I recall correctly, turning off graphical acceleration on Windows speeds up the game a lot. I don’t know if it is on by default in Linux.

Also, I highly doubt your distro does not have libsdl2 and such. What’re you running?

i’ll need to doublecheck on that, i only did a quick aptitude search without even updating (yep, sorry)… it’s crunchbang 11 (basically debian wheezy).

Outdated soon? .A was outdated 3 months ago and has been steadily getting more so ever since. :stuck_out_tongue:

Outdated soon? .A was outdated 3 months ago and has been steadily getting more so ever since. :P[/quote]
hasn’t been for me until I tried the latest experimentals :wink: but oh man they are buggy! i’ve compiled the latest-latest build yesterday and it’s crashing on me when navigating the advanced inventory :frowning:

p.s. yes, i've loaded the save in the latest experimental (0.A - 2276 - 76279a7) and it works
So the bug is already fixed.
i've compiled the latest-latest build yesterday and it's crashing on me when navigating the advanced inventory :-(
You should report that bug. What exactly were you doing (switch tabs, scroll up/down, examine an item)? What items were shown / laying around? Were there vehicles involved? Any acid or other fields around? Monsters? Npcs? Artifacts?
i've compiled the latest-latest build yesterday
Congratulations. The next step is to add cool new features (-:

thanks! reported. i think it’s soap bars that cause that =)