Condiments and their applications

Gtaguy, what is this even suppsed to mean?

Also, a very silly idea: modular sandwich making. Rather than crafting a BLT, you take bread and (a)pply bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes to it like condiments.

Sounds more like a pain in the arse, unless I can make a cocaine of whiskey sandwich.

I quoted that statement because it is true, eventually you tire of endless idiocracy and want to correct others.

You misspelled supposed.

This reminds me of the “Optional Ingredients” in Unreal World. In that roguelike, you can for instance, make a stew the following way:

-Water
-Meat
-Potatoes
-Vegetables (Ingredients with the Vegetables flag) (Optional)
-Seasoning (Ingredients with the Seasoning flag) (Optional)

The game asks you if you want to add the optional ingredients and if you choose to add them, the resulting food will give better nutrition.

[quote=“Chiko, post:23, topic:5515”]This reminds me of the “Optional Ingredients” in Unreal World. In that roguelike, you can for instance, make a stew the following way:

-Water
-Meat
-Potatoes
-Vegetables (Ingredients with the Vegetables flag) (Optional)
-Seasoning (Ingredients with the Seasoning flag) (Optional)

The game asks you if you want to add the optional ingredients and if you choose to add them, the resulting food will give better nutrition.[/quote]

Oh… I want!

Just a little addition to OP’s idea.

Very strong mustard causes tears on everyone’s eyes. That causes great loss in perception.

I don’t really see the value of slots. I would make it just a template/modification added. So you would have “hamburger” and “hamburger with ketchup” sure you could create a crazy hamburger with every condiment if you like. But that is part of the fun imho.

It is not like it isn’t possible to do so IRL. Or that it creates an unbalanced system where you have a super powerup you can create. (Food only influencing satiation and morale, all secondary stats).

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:26, topic:5515”]I don’t really see the value of slots. I would make it just a template/modification added. So you would have “hamburger” and “hamburger with ketchup” sure you could create a crazy hamburger with every condiment if you like. But that is part of the fun imho.

It is not like it isn’t possible to do so IRL. Or that it creates an unbalanced system where you have a super powerup you can create. (Food only influencing satiation and morale, all secondary stats).[/quote]
I was joking about the slots thing, mostly just because the Hamburger+ looks a lot like Savage 11F+.
I miss my Savage+Crossbow+Shotgun+Bayonet+Sniper :frowning:

The tedium of manually applying ketchup to every cooked meat you eat sounds bad enough that I personally would just ignore it

You could have it added automatically when you eat a compatible foodstuff or something

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:26, topic:5515”]I don’t really see the value of slots. I would make it just a template/modification added. So you would have “hamburger” and “hamburger with ketchup” sure you could create a crazy hamburger with every condiment if you like. But that is part of the fun imho.

It is not like it isn’t possible to do so IRL. Or that it creates an unbalanced system where you have a super powerup you can create. (Food only influencing satiation and morale, all secondary stats).[/quote]

And they’re generally pretty good, too.

While we are talking condiments, I propose the inclusion of Barbeque Sauce. I have rarely found a healthy dose of BBQ Sauce to do anything but enhance my noms. Ranch, Salad Dressing, Horseradish (Wasabi), and the like might also be worth including. Since a good deal of the game involves acquiring, preparing, and ingesting consumables, adding more diversity (not that there isn’t already a ton of diversity) couldn’t hurt.

… also as sort of a half-joking half-serious suggestion I wonder what sort of things would happen to a chef that added a Marloss Berry based condiment to his foods. Something good? Something bad? Who knows. Definitely something interesting though.

It’d give you space AIDs and you would die of severe hemorrhaging out of your anus.