Condiments and their applications

I couldn’t help but notice that Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo, and many other condiments not having much use other than straight up drinking it and perhaps some limited use in crafting.

So here’s my suggestion, allow players to (a)ctivate say, some ketchup and apply it to any food item. Such as some freshly cooked meat, for instance.

You now have a Cooked Meat+!

Higher enjoyability and slightly higher nutrition to boot! Perhaps even sprinkle a little salt on there.

Of course applying certain condiments to certain foods should result in negative enjoyment, like adding ketchup to blueberries, or cereal!

Ketchup goes with anything if you’re hungry enough.

Hell I’ve had ketchup on bread and dry ramen. Fucking chemistry degree, piece of shit.

I eat mayo with pizza. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. But it has to be real mayo though.

Real mayo is shit
MW all the way.

Pepperoni, no ranch. Suck my ding. Ranch is gross, so are croutons.

The Mayo Wars have begun. It is now time to declare genocide on MW.

People really will bicker about the most trivial shit imaginable.

Were not bickering, we do this all the time. Careful though, you might turn into a Inad.

Everyone turns into a cynical asshole if they hang around on an internet forum for long enough.

I guess my optimism makes me immune to such things which is good I guess. Also 10/10 would Mayo again to the OP’s idea.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:2, topic:5515”]Ketchup goes with anything if you’re hungry enough.

Hell I’ve had ketchup on bread and dry ramen. Fucking chemistry degree, piece of shit.[/quote]

I imagine a gourmand character wouldn’t mind putting condiments on literally everything, though a non-gourmand character would probably be a little pickier.

Maybe foods can have sweet or savoury tags depending on what they are. Food items get boosts in enjoyability if they’re of matching types. A modest boost to nutrition, even if not.

Total support! Love this idea.

I support the OP’s idea too!

Just needs Tabasco.

That stuff is good on everything.

I agree on this suggestion.

Reminds me of my lazy days in highschool. I used to go straight to the kitchen after school, get a bread, shove whatever I found inside the pots (Mostly pasta or rice) and then unleash mustard, ketchup or other sauces in it. On nom nom nom.

I don’t know why, but I’m seeing this as working like weapon attachments and I think it’s hilarious. Can’t put on my Mustard because the [TOP OF BURGER] slot already has Ketchup. Dammit.

But I wholeheartedly support this.

A while back I came up with some convoluted system for condiments, trying to do something like this, just with a lot more… uh, detail.

Frankly I’d just like to see condiments dealt with in some fashion. I mostly like the idea of condiments having a different enjoyment value when eaten by themselves than with something else. Mayo by itself should be low, even negative enjoyment.

What I tried to do was come up with a way to connect condiment types with food types so that they could be flagged as good/neutral/poor combinations and adjust the enjoyment value thusly.

I don’t recommend it. Down that way lies madness.

The + idea seems like a good place to start, though.

[quote=“Inquisitor Dust, post:16, topic:5515”]I don’t know why, but I’m seeing this as working like weapon attachments and I think it’s hilarious. Can’t put on my Mustard because the [TOP OF BURGER] slot already has Ketchup. Dammit.

But I wholeheartedly support this.[/quote]

That’s why there’s a [BOTTOM OF BURGER] slot! :wink:

[quote=“KA101, post:18, topic:5515”][quote=“Inquisitor Dust, post:16, topic:5515”]I don’t know why, but I’m seeing this as working like weapon attachments and I think it’s hilarious. Can’t put on my Mustard because the [TOP OF BURGER] slot already has Ketchup. Dammit.

But I wholeheartedly support this.[/quote]

That’s why there’s a [BOTTOM OF BURGER] slot! ;-)[/quote]

Don’t you have downward stairs to make? :wink: