Compile Help Windows Tests

After about a week of messing around with trying to get Cata (Tiles SDL, Windows 7 via MinGW) to compile I am finally met with success.

After it compiles I am left with this message: "Leaving Directory …/Cata/tests and I have no idea what to do from here all I have are a bunch of test files and cata_test.exe.

All I wanted to do was be able to farm regardless of the ambient temperature. :confused:

More information available upon request.

Here’s a picture of my tests folder: https://img42.com/S2Pe8

My guess is the compilation was a success. You should also have a file name cataclysm-tiles.exe . If you launch that file, the game will start.

If it works, you just need to run the file tests/cata_tests.exe
I don’t know if anyone has run it on windows, so it may or may not work.

Alas, nay, I’ve tried running both of those things, and here is what I got: an error telling me I need fretype 6.dll, fixed that and then I needed zlib1.dll, fixed that.

Now I am getting an error that I don’t know how to deal with: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

This error was for both cata_test.exe and cataclysm-tiles.exe.

[quote=“Valkjosandi, post:4, topic:11038”]Alas, nay, I’ve tried running both of those things, and here is what I got: an error telling me I need fretype 6.dll, fixed that and then I needed zlib1.dll, fixed that.

Now I am getting an error that I don’t know how to deal with: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

This error was for both cata_test.exe and cataclysm-tiles.exe.[/quote]

It’s hard to tell. It could a great number of different things. If you can build a debug version with symbols and use a debugger, you might be able to see what it wrong.