Classic Zombies Issue

Not a major issue,(as least for most players) but spider webs still spawn even with Classic Zombies on. My issue is that when I play my mind sees the in-game world as 3D.(immersion) Now I think its agreeable that Giant Insects and spiders are a terrifying thought. You see where my issue comes from with this. The spider webs that spawn(and spider eggsack in center) cause terror for me. So this is my 2 suggestions. 1. Please remove the webs from classic zombies, and outside of the terror fact it really just doesn’t make much sense. 2. Anyone willing to make a mod to remove specific categories of monsters I thank you.
You are free to call me a wimp all you want for this request, just be respectful enough to keep it in this thread.

Hmmm. If it’s supposed to be classic zombies only, I don’t see why there would be any traces of giant spiders. The webs and eggs must be spawned independently from the giant spider monster, so they’re being overlooked by a game mode that only removes monsters.

I hope someone can verify that, I doubt it would be much of an issue to clean up the classic zombie mode to not contain artifacts of default gameplay like that! I know what it’s like being freaked out by things in a disproportionate manner, and it sucks. I think it’s a logical edit to be made anyway, and it suits your needs, so win-win.

Now if only I could code. (this post was mostly so I could follow how the suggestion is handled - my notify button does not, in fact, notify me of anything in threads.)

I have seen them many, many, many, many times. Don’t forget the basement webs too.
I remember back when I started playing in 0.9 I would see a spider web and say “NOPE **** THIS!” and suicide. Now I just turn around and leave quickly.

So spider webs burn ? cleanse it with fire :smiley:

I ll try.

Not even willing to get that close. I just turn around when I see it at the edge of the map. Also you would burn down a chunk of forest and have to stand near it.

I hope that this fear isn’t causing you trouble in other aspects of life outside of the game :c

I can handle spiders.(though I do get jumpscared when I see them(like everyone else)) Insects I can handle with the exception of Bees, Wasps, etc. I’m allergic to bees and if I get stung I need to be rushed to a hospital or I will die. Wasps and etc. I fear due to their similarity to bees.(at a moments glance you can’t tell the difference)

EDIT: REGULAR size of these. Giant. **** that, I’ll become someone who LITERALLY never leaves their house. and my whole house would be a panic room.(as would everyone else cuz if that were the case I think we can all agree why)

yeah poor forest that ain t worth it i guess… well i usualy ignore them cause i lack the fear you associate with them.

Recently there has been an addition with spiders that build traps though so if you ain t carefull your gunna fall down into a cavern and get attacked by a spider .
Therefor i turn arround at webs in the night wenn i can t see much.

if i had that i think i might be dead now cause just a few days ago a spider fell out of my hair after i was emptying a rather dusty attic.
I was driving at 140 kp/h just when it droped in my face ^^

This is probably doable, at least for the forest: that’s C++ mapgen and can check for the CLASSIC flag. Not sure about the basement but I’d hope it can take a similar check.

Thanks KA101. I play on Classic zeds just to get rid of those spiders and insects(and probably a few other enemies I haven’t seen yet due to playing on classic). I’d imagine basement could probably do the same. That is, if it’s part of the mapgen.

Another thing I just remembered(not sure if fixed) is that when you do drugs and have hallucinations in classic zombies mode, you can hallucinate things that shouldn’t appear. Not sure if intentional, bug, or just didn’t care. I suppose it makes sense within a degree. Although it would not make sense for you to hallucinate some of the nether creatures and so on I’d imagine. I found this in I think it was 0.9 or 0.A so yeah, possibly a bit outdated information.

Basements are JSONized. I’m not sure if the parser can filter at that specific level, though. As for hallucinations, I suspect that was more a “can make sense in context, so no need to bother” sort of thing.

I know there is a flag for CLASSIC specials, it shouldn’t be too hard to add in a similar flag for regular mapgen.

Why? There aren’t any spiders there so don’t be afraid. Besides, spiders aren’t really that much of an issue in game, and I’m deathly afraid of them in real life. Though my life isn’t everybody’s life so I guess some could react badly just seeing spider webs in game but I don’t see why it should get so bad as to affect your in-game experience when you won’t actually encounter any.

Why? There aren’t any spiders there so don’t be afraid. Besides, spiders aren’t really that much of an issue in game, and I’m deathly afraid of them in real life. Though my life isn’t everybody’s life so I guess some could react badly just seeing spider webs in game but I don’t see why it should get so bad as to affect your in-game experience when you won’t actually encounter any.[/quote]

2 things.

1. For some odd reason spider egg sacks are in the middle. That’s a thought.
  2. I reach that state of immersion where as I play my mind processes it as 3D.

[quote=“Nickal, post:14, topic:7993”]2 things.

1. For some odd reason spider egg sacks are in the middle. That’s a thought.

2. I reach that state of immersion where as I play my mind processes it as 3D.[/quote]

3. But the spiders still never hatch so it shouldn’t be an issue

4. That shouldn’t matter, they still aren’t alive

Why does the OP have to explain why he/she gets spooked by the webs? OP don’t want them in the game, that should be enough. Something’s are hard to put in words, feelings in perticular. OP told us the webs spooks him/her, no need for further explanation unless OP wants too.

I have also seen the webs in game suing classic mode. They do spawn.

[quote=“Ricke, post:16, topic:7993”]Why does the OP have to explain why he/she gets spooked by the webs? OP don’t want them in the game, that should be enough. Something’s are hard to put in words, feelings in perticular. OP told us the webs spooks him/her, no need for further explanation unless OP wants too.

I have also seen the webs in game suing classic mode. They do spawn.[/quote]

I apologize, I didn’t mean to be a jerk or anything. I just wanted to understand why they would be afraid. Apologies.

trying to understand feelings or humans in general is a never ending quest for answers. i stoped trying(somewhat).

I’m sorry if I sounded harsh, of course you can be interested to WHY people are afraid of certain things (I also wonder sometimes!), I just got a " You can’t be afraid of this " feeling from your post.

No harm done! =)