Chemisty - Water Purification tablets

I have a little suggestion and a big one:

Small one; beable to make water purification tablets from iodine. Justification: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_water_purification#Chemical_disinfection

Big one: implement chemistry as a skill.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I should be able to use plutonium to clean water, sure it would be irradiated but it’d be clean.

*Gtaguy just doesn’t give enough fucks about radiation.

Splitting chemistry into its own skill does kind of make sense now, given how there’s more chemistry stuff added now. I wonder if there’s any more uses for chemistry than simply making stuff to eat? That would definitely justify it as its own skill. For instance, I guess you could…melt down gold bars and electroplate katanas so they don’t rust? Maybe create fancy pheromones to confuse wildlife?

Oh good god you’re gonna start up the third Chemistry VS Cooking war…

separate but equal comparable skills… like how we have substitute ingredients, substitute skills

Oh good god you’re gonna start up the third Chemistry VS Cooking war…[/quote]

I say this is a disguised troll attempt, and that we should burn the new guy in a flame of pure eternal hate.

/jk

So when can we make wildlife/ forest animal pheromones from bones and chunks of meat + ammonia?
Cooking skill lvl 3 maybe?
Maybe those woof packs will leave us alone after we karate chop that squirrel over there…

I disagree, chemistry can stay with cooking until we get a more general ‘science’ skill that encompasses all sciences like physics and electrics and such.

That would be even worse than it is now. Having chemistry with cooking makes far more sense than having a general science skill that covers everything science related. You may as well title it ‘alchemy’.

Har Har.

Why not? We already have the general fabrication skill, the general melee skill, and the general firearms skill. It would be just one more general skill that one could raise and be happy with.

Cooking meat shouldn’t teach you how to make meth. Nor should reading a cookbook allow you to create mutenagenic liquid.

Then split up chemistry and cooking. But electronics and physics are much further removed from chemistry than chemistry is to cooking.

[quote=“Kimowich, post:1, topic:4238”]I have a little suggestion and a big one:

Small one; beable to make water purification tablets from iodine. Justification: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_water_purification#Chemical_disinfection

Big one: implement chemistry as a skill.

Thank you :)[/quote]

You already can make them. In fact, you’ve been able to make them for quite some time. Raise your cooking skill to at least six and it will be listed under the CHEMS section of the crafting menu,

ah great, then thread closed i guess :slight_smile: