Chemicals

I like the acid rain idea. Maybe boil off some of the water (requiring a gas mask for health reasons) and pour it into a glass bottle for a new acid bomb recipe?

Maybe a new way to fill the same recipe?

Sulphuric yes, and to a lesser extent nitric acid (from atmospheric NOx emissions).

Those two acids are the core building blocks of nitroglycerin, and thereby most other explosives as well as being powerful acids.

I can already see myself wishing for more acid rain.

Oh that’s PERFECT. Would separating the two acids be necessary, and how would one address this without getting into complex chemistry knowledge?

Additionally, given what I imagine boiling acid can do, perhaps safety glasses and rubber gloves should likewise be in order.

Distilling them would work.

Also, I would not require gloves and glasses. Just produce acid gases clouds during the reactions. The players wu-ill learn to protect themselves.

This is the best ever.

Give the ability to harvest acid from funnels (who cares if it’s dangerous?) and we can make miracles happen.

You throw the plastic bottle of nitroglycerin [2]! From the west you hear an explosion! x2 It dies! It dies! It dies! It dies! You throw the plastic bottle of nitroglycerin [2]! Your weapon misfired! You are caught in the explosion!

Also, I would not require gloves and glasses. Just produce acid gases clouds during the reactions. The players wu-ill learn to protect themselves.

True that. Learning the hard way stays true to the spirit of roguelikes. Let’s revise my previous gloves-and-goggles logic to (huge airquotes) “a good idea” and chalk up my cautiousness to being a ninny. XD

[quote=“drake1storm, post:15, topic:1226”][quote=“TheRealTenman, post:13, topic:1226”]How would homemade batteries do any thing?
Think about it, Tin can, lemon, ammonia, whatever
How the hell can this power ANYTHING!

But I can see it now…

Batteries (2)
Homemade Batteries (3400)
Thermite powder (10)
Canister of Homemade Napalm (300)
-Weapons-
Thermite grenade (2)
Thermite pipebomb (5)
Thermite incendiary device
Napalm thrower[/quote]

You can actually make a lower powered battery from fruit juices.

Are you telling me you never made an orange battery?[/quote]

I made a lemon battery, WEIGHING IN AT A AMAZING 1.5V!

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:28, topic:1226”][quote=“drake1storm, post:15, topic:1226”][quote=“TheRealTenman, post:13, topic:1226”]How would homemade batteries do any thing?
Think about it, Tin can, lemon, ammonia, whatever
How the hell can this power ANYTHING!

But I can see it now…

Batteries (2)
Homemade Batteries (3400)
Thermite powder (10)
Canister of Homemade Napalm (300)
-Weapons-
Thermite grenade (2)
Thermite pipebomb (5)
Thermite incendiary device
Napalm thrower[/quote]

You can actually make a lower powered battery from fruit juices.

Are you telling me you never made an orange battery?[/quote]

I made a lemon battery, WEIGHING IN AT A AMAZING 1.5V![/quote]

4 of them would be slightly more powerful than a 5 v battery, and it could be renewed.

[quote=“kilozombie, post:26, topic:1226”]This is the best ever.

Give the ability to harvest acid from funnels (who cares if it’s dangerous?) and we can make miracles happen.

You throw the plastic bottle of nitroglycerin [2]! From the west you hear an explosion! x2 It dies! It dies! It dies! It dies! You throw the plastic bottle of nitroglycerin [2]! Your weapon misfired! You are caught in the explosion![/quote]
If we’ve got nitrogylcerin then it’s only a small step to adding in making dynamite (since all dynamite is is nitro + absorbent substance; sawdust or wood pulp works, and I think for our purposes the recipe would be just fine).

Elsewise I’m think we might end up with this:

The Zombie his you in the torso Your Nitroglycerin [2] explodes! You are caught in an explosion! It dies! You die!

I would actually love that.

Going to your warehouse to get the materials to refine your nitroglycerin. Wolf suddenly comes up, hits you, BOOM!

Sure, you could use the raw nitroglycerin, and maybe get a little more bang for your buck. But it’d be dangerous.

I made a lemon battery, WEIGHING IN AT A AMAZING 1.5V!

Jesus that thing’s putting out more voltage than the triple-A running my computer mouse at the moment.