Chemical Storage Tanks in Vehicles..?

Is it as simple as throwing something in the JSON or would it just hold liquids (like Bleach and Ammonia) and not be able to use them? Be a bit easier to transport chemicals if I could store them in under-vehicle tanks rather than in several hundred gallon jugs in a Cargo Carrier.

A more complicated question, would it be possible to have a non-fuel general liquid storage tank? EG something like the constructed Wooden Barrels but for vehicles.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:1, topic:7778”]Is it as simple as throwing something in the JSON or would it just hold liquids (like Bleach and Ammonia) and not be able to use them? Be a bit easier to transport chemicals if I could store them in under-vehicle tanks rather than in several hundred gallon jugs in a Cargo Carrier.

A more complicated question, would it be possible to have a non-fuel general liquid storage tank? EG something like the constructed Wooden Barrels but for vehicles.[/quote]

Why not use steel jerrycans or something bigger than jugs?

yes
and have the tanks accessible from a chem lab

Because that would take up just as much space as having the gallon jugs, but now you have to wait for a whole jerrycan to get emptied before you can get rid of it.

You would need to change function inventory::form_from_map at minimum, maybe more… so, not just throwing something into JSON

I think I might be able to do this after my wool clothing PR gets merged. It seems like I would just be able to copy some stuff from the kitchen unit/water faucet to the chemistry lab, then copy the tank code and add ammonia/bleach tanks. I’ll check the code out now.

EDIT: I have no idea what I’m doing, disregard previous statement.

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:5, topic:7778”]I think I might be able to do this after my wool clothing PR gets merged. It seems like I would just be able to copy some stuff from the kitchen unit/water faucet to the chemistry lab, then copy the tank code and add ammonia/bleach tanks. I’ll check the code out now.

EDIT: I have no idea what I’m doing, disregard previous statement.[/quote]

Sorry. The FAUCET tag defaults to water and can’t be changed. I would have to make a new tag, and I don’t know how to do that.

More to the point, we’re pretty much out of room for more tank/fuel storage listings in the vehicle window. :frowning: If you could accept having your amount of bleach/ammonia not have a gauge, sure.

I’m not too concerned with knowing how much is in it while driving, maybe a ‘check contents’ function like with the wooden barrels on whatever the ‘tap’ part is?

Or just leave it visible in the vehicle overlay. Just want to make sure folks don’t complain about not having a gauge in the vehicle screen.

Or just leave it visible in the vehicle overlay. Just want to make sure folks don’t complain about not having a gauge in the vehicle screen.[/quote]

I assumed by “we’re pretty much out of room for more tank/fuel storage listings in the vehicle window.” that included the examine window XD But that works too, I don’t see too many people being upset about not knowing how much bleach they have left while driving down the highway.

Or just leave it visible in the vehicle overlay. Just want to make sure folks don’t complain about not having a gauge in the vehicle screen.[/quote]

I assumed by “we’re pretty much out of room for more tank/fuel storage listings in the vehicle window.” that included the examine window XD But that works too, I don’t see too many people being upset about not knowing how much bleach they have left while driving down the highway.[/quote]

The screen where you install/remove parts, in case there was any confusion. :wink: And I’d imagine, but someone might complain.