Let's play: Surviving a headshot!

I’ve discussed this before, but there is clearly a huge issue in the way the game processes headshots. Here’s some excerpts from my latest death’s memorial file:
In memory of: Waladil
He was a male Home Mechanic when the apocalypse began.
He died on Spring of year 1, day 11, at 10:37.
He was killed in a military outpost in the wilderness.

Final HP:
Head: 0/102
Torso: 89/102
L Arm: 102/102
R Arm: 102/102
L Leg: 102/102
R Leg: 102/102

Okay, so I died from a headshot at an outpost. Yeah, it was when I got shot by a turret. So, what was my gear?

Equipment:
m - reinforced light power armor
f - reinforced heavy power armor helmet
} - reinforced power armor hauling frame
x - tactical dump pouch
c - tactical dump pouch
g - holster
J - holster
M - fanny pack
^ - leather belt

A reinforced. Heavy. Power armor. Helmet. Literally the strongest head protection available in the game. And I was in fact at full head HP the turn before I died. And one other thing?
Headshots: 1
ONE. It took ONE bullet getting through my helmet to instantly kill me. Simple fact is, a character in heavy power armor should be able to simply ignore incoming 9mm rounds. Anything shy of anti-tank gear should do jack diddly. Come to think of it, most of the time I took damage through my light power armor in other places (which happened a few times in various hit locations) it would be about as much damage as I’d expect a normal hit to do, not reduced damage because of armor. Is there a chance of incoming fire simply ignoring armor? Because if so, my buddy physics would like to have a word with you.

Yes, it’s been reported already and is a known issue that just hasn’t been fixed yet.

That’s horrifying I didn’t know that bug could be so bad.

Just horrifying.

[quote=“Fish, post:3, topic:4759”]That’s horrifying I didn’t know that bug could be so bad.

Just horrifying.[/quote]

[quote=“Fish, post:3, topic:4759”]That’s horrifying I didn’t know that bug could be so bad.

Just horrifying.[/quote]

Havent been here long have you? :slight_smile:
Im pretty sure NPCs can still crash the entire game if they feel like it. The old crazyness from ramming one car into another used to be pretty funny. NPCs handing out active mininukes was also a chuckle.

Now its just dynamite :frowning: