CBM idea's

CBM: Magnetic Launcher

Your hands can magnetize metallic things held and create pulses to launch such things away. Gives a bonus in distance, damage and speed of such projectiles.

[quote=“Wanderer, post:21, topic:7110”]CBM: Magnetic Launcher

Your hands can magnetize metallic things held and create pulses to launch such things away. Gives a bonus in distance, damage and speed of such projectiles.[/quote]

Rail gun.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:22, topic:7110”][quote=“Wanderer, post:21, topic:7110”]CBM: Magnetic Launcher

Your hands can magnetize metallic things held and create pulses to launch such things away. Gives a bonus in distance, damage and speed of such projectiles.[/quote]

Rail gun.[/quote]
Yeah that’s already a CBM.

A CBM that when powered keeps you from mutating. Could be great once the nether is implemented or if a nether creature that can forcibly mutate you suddenly becomes a thing.

Tow Cables that allow players to drag heavier objects then they’d normally be capable of, if powered.

Jumper Cables that let you recharge car batteries with bionic power ((Or vice versa))

I’ve also said that black-market CBMs would be awesome, offering the sort of bonuses you wouldn’t expect in civilian or military type bionics. Heck, some of them could even be player constructed to deal with the cataclysm.

Examples:

Decoy Gun: This CBM cannibalizes part of your body to fire a manhack mounted meat-decoy to draw off Zeds. ((Generates Pain and reduces HP per use))

Rocket Punch: This CBM fires your fist with wall shattering force but must be picked up and re-installed after every shot.

B.D.S.c.b.M.: Powering the black-market CBM temporarily rewires the brain to perceive pain as pleasure. Warning-While the effects last only so long as the CBM is powered the desire to inflict pain upon oneself can be habit forming

Bootleg Fusion Blaster Arm: An off market ‘upgrade’ to the iconic CBM, this homebrewed blaster boasts a devastating five round burst alongside a host of glaring drawbacks. It kicks like a mule, causes pain from overheating and consumes five times as much power per use.

Suspended Animation CBM: ((Crafted using parts from those cloning vats in labs)) Activating this CBM thrusts the character into an extended state of anabiosis wherein their bodily functions can only be detected via artificial means. Useful for if they intend to wait out the winter/summer or just want their wine to hurry up and ferment. The alarm system is a little buggy however, and can sometimes over or undershoot the desired number of months you wish to sleep. Consumes power to keep you in stasis. Makes you groggy for days.

Teletransportational Slingshot CBM: ((Crafted from teleporters and a waffle iron)) Built from devices you don’t understand arrayed together in manner that doesn’t even approach being safe this CBM -should- teleport anything it’s aimed at somewhere else. You hope.

When fired it will either: (In descending likelihood)
-Teleport the selected creature somewhere else within the reality bubble
-Replace the target with a nether creature
-Turn the target inside out and make it explode
-Open a portal
-Teleport YOU very far away
-Misfire, increasing your nether attention

• ((Less than 1%)) Spawn an artifact
  • ((So rare it’s like winning the lottery)) spawn a terminator

there already is a nether creature that forcefully mutates you… so its a thing ? do i say it like that?

Love the jumper cables and the BDScbM (bonus points on the name!)

The pain addiction would be along the lines of the medical I guess?

Jumper Cables that let you recharge car batteries with bionic power ((Or vice versa))
It's already implemented.

I can charge my bionic energy with a jumper cable? ?? realy? well i might try it out when i decide to use cbms again.

[quote=“Logrin, post:24, topic:7110”]Teletransportational Slingshot CBM: ((Crafted from teleporters and a waffle iron)) Built from devices you don’t understand arrayed together in manner that doesn’t even approach being safe this CBM -should- teleport anything it’s aimed at somewhere else. You hope.

When fired it will either: (In descending likelihood)
-Teleport the selected creature somewhere else within the reality bubble
-Replace the target with a nether creature
-Turn the target inside out and make it explode
-Open a portal
-Teleport YOU very far away
-Misfire, increasing your nether attention

• ((Less than 1%)) Spawn an artifact
  • ((So rare it’s like winning the lottery)) spawn a terminator[/quote]

CBM: Matter Paddle

I can charge my bionic energy with a jumper cable? ?? realy? well i might try it out when i decide to use cbms again.
No. It would be stupidly inefficient.

[quote=“EditorRUS, post:30, topic:7110”]

No. It would be stupidly inefficient.[/quote]

So yes or no?

Can i do it inefficiently?
or
Can i not do it at all?

Scouter CBM: Replaces one eye and surrounding socket with targeting reticule which acts like a pro camera, and which gives an analysis of relative threat levels of enemy units. Hulks and shoggoths are [shadow=white,left]OVER 9000!!![/shadow]

Reading flames pl causes it to explode then damaging your brain.

Thanks

CBM:Inception Generator- activate to start playing cataclysm.

With a small twist

Charging bionic power with a jumper cable -would- be inefficient. No denying that. That’s why the proper way to take advantage of such a CBM if it were created would be to hook yourself up to a battery when you plan to go to sleep/drive long distance/craft a million things/read all the books

I’m sorry but all I can image is

CBM: Car Adaptor
“Your nipples have been replaced with conductive ones that are linked to your bionic batteries, you can drain car batteries but at a 25% loss. Just remember the red one’s positive.”

Ehm…

The Distiller CBM

This modular, cranial-hand modulator enhances human ability to work with various chems. It functions like a rather delicate chem-set with an advanced tubeset protruding the finger and hand bones. Whilst the brain processes the infused chems (through the fingers, of course) the thumb is able to “sense” the nature of a chemical substance when encountered, if pressed onto. A cranial memory card slot ensures the knowledge base regarding the cutting edge in lab tech is being kept up-to-date.
Comes with a fanny pack and several titanium-based containers for keeping the reserves by your side.

I think there should be a big pile of “professional” CBMs which don’t have much actual utility to the player, but would have been used by high-end professionals in their respective fields. Examples:

Stockbroker’s CBM: Allows remote banking at any time through high-power radio transmission by way of satellite uplink, and allows the user’s palm to act like a debit card.

Photographer’s CBM: Replaces an eye with a pro camera.

Barista’s CBM: A translucent eyepatch overlay which displays recipes for coffee, tea, cookies, biscotti (why isn’t biscotti already A Thing?), and biscuits, and measures the precise temperature of hot drinks (allowing infrared vision at a distance of two).

Cashier’s CBM: Allows transfer of credits between the CBM and any debit card in the user’s hand.

Cobbler’s CBM: Allows the bones in one hand to shape themselves into a foot-shaped cobbler’s last, transforms the other hand into a cutting 1/hammering 1 tool, and allows the automatic successful repair and/or reinforcement of any shoe or boot.

Janitor’s CBM: A bio-engineered reservoir built into the forearm which changes body fluids to soap, which can be expelled through a stoma in the centre of the palm, allowing for unlimited quantities of soap to be produced at the cost of increased hunger and increased thirst.

Tailor’s CBM: Adds an extendable ridge of sharp bone to poke out through seams in the flesh between the index and middle fingers to allow the fingers to be used as scissors.

And so on.

[quote=“CarlStayBack!, post:39, topic:7110”]I think there should be a big pile of “professional” CBMs which don’t have much actual utility to the player, but would have been used by high-end professionals in their respective fields. Examples:

Stockbroker’s CBM: Allows remote banking at any time through high-power radio transmission by way of satellite uplink, and allows the user’s palm to act like a debit card.

Photographer’s CBM: Replaces an eye with a pro camera.

Barista’s CBM: A translucent eyepatch overlay which displays recipes for coffee, tea, cookies, biscotti (why isn’t biscotti already A Thing?), and biscuits, and measures the precise temperature of hot drinks (allowing infrared vision at a distance of two).

Cashier’s CBM: Allows transfer of credits between the CBM and any debit card in the user’s hand.

Cobbler’s CBM: Allows the bones in one hand to shape themselves into a foot-shaped cobbler’s last, transforms the other hand into a cutting 1/hammering 1 tool, and allows the automatic successful repair and/or reinforcement of any shoe or boot.

Janitor’s CBM: A bio-engineered reservoir built into the forearm which changes body fluids to soap, which can be expelled through a stoma in the centre of the palm, allowing for unlimited quantities of soap to be produced at the cost of increased hunger and increased thirst.

Tailor’s CBM: Adds an extendable ridge of sharp bone to poke out through seams in the flesh between the index and middle fingers to allow the fingers to be used as scissors.

And so on.[/quote]

It’s clever but bionics weren’t widely available for everyone, it was a richest of the rich kinda thing