CBM drive by wire and/or RC and/or hacking-managing hacked bot

Hi everyone,

All si in the title… (Probable the shortest suggestion in the forum :slight_smile: )

Apocalyptic yours.

tl;dr version (assuming the above PR gets in)
Drone Operator profession gets CBM that does what in title. Otherwise the CBM will be a rare drop in science and machine related places.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:8523”]https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/10763

tl;dr version (assuming the above PR gets in)
Drone Operator profession gets CBM that does what in title. Otherwise the CBM will be a rare drop in science and machine related places.[/quote]

Damn Cool, you just aren’t slowing down with the awesome content are you? I really gotta look into developing construction vehicles line I’d been meaning to to take even more advantage of all these features.

OK, the PR is in, but without control laptop functionality - it was deemed unfit for a civilian CBM and I didn’t want to make a CBM that would replicate a single item.
Maybe when I manage to streamline this one - by making it one menu rather than two menus nested in third - I’ll add a military variant that executes all 3 functions.

Thanks.

Though I’m not sure how would construction vehicles benefit from ranged/AI control. Transport vehicles like forklifts?
One thing: I made the robot control part an obstacle (ie. you can’t walk through it) - it should be avoided in manned vehicles, but I didn’t want to explicitly forbid it. For a maybe-manned-maybe-remote vehicle, drive-by-wire controls are better.

To make an official killdozer for demolishing, of course.

If control laptops are going to be (have been) nerfed, can someone create a device or CBM that has the sole function of detecting and locating bots WITHOUT hacking them, with a larger range. I use my un-nerfed control laptop primary to check for bots when I’m driving fast, and life without such a device would be unpleasant indeed. Nothing is worse than being on a great run and turning a corner to get spammed by chicken walker grenades. Since the alternative to that is driving 9 mph around the city only at night, and getting out at the middle of each block to peek around the corner at the next intersection, I’d prefer some kind of bot detection with a reasonable (~same as visual), non-LOS radius.