Buildable Robot Companions That Utilize CBM's?

Thought this might be a neat idea to be able to give the player the ability if skilled enough to build a robot and also having the option to install & uninstall CBM's. Maybe there could be various types of robotic builds you could build which differs in the robots abilities such as each type built varying in different areas to make them different. 

What I mean by that is things like each will be unique in which some might have a higher mobility than others or a higher CBM capacity etc. You could give them treads to be able to make it over rough terrain much easier at the cost of being slower but more carrying capacity or give them quad legs for more mobility and so forth. Of course you would have to keep it powered depending on what Power Supply Bionic they are making use of though. 

Could just build a box with legs just for carrying stuff that you find while scavenging or install a robot that utilizes two energy arm cannons that run off the power supply but turn off when no immediate threat is within firing range. You get where I am going with this but sounds neat, have not touched the game in a few months though but figured I would throw in some ideas.

Like a Mobile Flashlight Golem?

+9001 because Computers needs more uses Imo.
Maybe have four base recipies that are distinguished by difficulty and size.

1. Small robot base
    requires RAM, wires, some small electric motors and other stuff.
    This is a base for 3 CBMs: power storage, a way to power that up and the last cbm that it should actually use.
  2. Medium sized robot base
    Requires more parts and materials ofc and has space for more cbms.
    etc.

I think maybe scarp the idea of giving them cbms, just add in robit-only modules. With those you could mod your little bot army as you wish. Those could be found, stripped off of other robots and ofc crafted.

Yeah, I think it would make more sense as a separate system. CBMs are organic to mechanical connections, that wouldn’t make sense for a purely mechanical system.

It would give the Computer Hacker Profession a purpose!

It already has one, it starts with a very valuable commonplace rare item (laptop). And you can hack stuff too I guess.

To be honest commanding your own army of robots sounds really awesome. I know it’s just imagining too much, but it would be pretty cool to be able to tell them where to go and, if you have a lot of computers and electronics skill, be able to craft some sort of googles to see what they see and share vision. Also it would be cool to modify cbms to work like modules and then add them DA GUNZ AND POWER.

Maybe make them work like cars, with a menu and all. Ok, this is fairly impossible by now.

While CBMs might be intended for organic:mechanical connections they aren’t all that hard to install (mutations, disfiguring injuries, and excruciating pain not covered under warranty).
An improvised robot wouldn’t be impossible, although Robots for Fun & Profit is pretty rare this would make its title far more accurate than it is now.

I doubt they’d be comparable to a tankbot, but an eyebot would be plausible (Assuming you dismantled a few for parts), and a solar powered battery that follows you around would be pretty convenient.

All I can think about are the scavenger bots from Dead Space.

I want this right the hell now.

Well yeah I understand since the CBM's are Organic > Mechanical Connections at least figured it would be more uses to things like Ram, Wiring, and other electrical components etc. Hell, maybe just add in things for the robots specifically in terms of weaponry or accessories instead of CBM's. 

Of course no idea how they could work, guess there are multiple ways it could be done but hell even if I have to kill humanoids just to get "Meat" to make them able to use CBM's if you do it within enough time and add some blood flow to keep the parts fresh why not? Ok maybe at this point it is getting to complicated but the idea is still there.

I just want more uses for computer and electronics and figured, robot companions! Hell maybe even add it so you can make controllable ones also with a remote so you can make it do your dirty work for you while you can sit somewhere and be safe unless something whacks you from behind. Of course it would only have a certain working radius but woohoo.
Lol, pretty much could do that to I suppose :D.