CataModder - Tool for editing Cataclysm files (r30 - Recipes Bugfix)

This program has my attention. I will check it out and tell you what I think about it.

EDIT: It works, and I really like it.

Well I’ve finally made rebar crossbow bolts and the recipe to craft them.
YYEEEEEAAAHHH

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:42, topic:2540”]Well I’ve finally made rebar crossbow bolts and the recipe to craft them.
YYEEEEEAAAHHH[/quote]
Holy carp. I did this too, and also a special kind of crossbow that was able to use them.

EDIT: It actually was able to shoot all types of crossbow bolts, as every other crossbow was able to use rebar ones, but hey, I had fun.

How much longer do you think before you’d consider this “done” - I’d like to setup a “Resources, Tools, and Addons” section of the website, and this will receive a prominent position.

While the core capabilities (items, item groups, and recipes) are in, I suspect I will be adding things to this for a good while, as I have a lot of ideas and not much free time to dedicate to it, and Cataclysm itself is of course changing a lot right now on the JSON front. But that sounds like a great idea. In a week or so when more people have (hopefully) tried it out, we might be able to consider this a “stable build”. You could start with that. I can probably finish a major feature every week or so, and I at least want to do Professions, Monstergroups, maybe Vehicle Parts, some more advanced searching capabilities, and a Mono port, for now.

EDIT: Tilesets, also, when the JSON for that settles down.

Haven’t tried this out yet, but I will give a go at it soon.

You should its very well done, and even supports exporting single items out to their own .json.

Whenever I try to load any items I get this error:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of ‘0’ is not valid for ‘SelectedIndex’.

I have .NET 4. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you’re using the current stable version of Cataclysm (0.7), not the development version. I was able to reproduce that error but only when trying to load “snippets.json” and “skills.json”. I will fix it when I can. If you accidentally select one of these files you can just hit “continue” and select a different file.

Also! You must select the RAW folder. Not the item folder inside the RAW folder.

Does this, or could this, support some simple map-making tools?? I’d drool all over everything if it did/could…

prepares drool…

Pfft… sorry buddy

I considered it. But I’m not sure I would be able to do anything that would be better than a plain old text editor, other than maybe giving you a fixed grid to draw in…

Protip: If I’d had to hand-edit my maps for LCS…they wouldn’t have happened. Any improvement is worth considering. A measurable grid qualifies.

BMacZero: I’ll forked your repo and will keep my side up to date. I’ll make a prototype for monster json editing once I get them working 100%. They seem to work okay so far though :smiley: Also, I’ll need to make a building editor, so I may as well make a way to edit from CataModder once I get the buildings jsonized as well.

This is great news!

BMacZero: I'll forked your repo and will keep my side up to date. I'll make a prototype for monster json editing once I get them working 100%. They seem to work okay so far though :D Also, I'll need to make a building editor, so I may as well make a way to edit from CataModder once I get the buildings jsonized as well.
Yay, Github! I'll hold off on the map editor, then. I will probably tackle professions.json today and get a new version up.

Finished professions and linked new version. I also made a lot of back-end changes that will hopefully make it easier to make new forms, especially when they have to edit arrays from the JSON. Hope it’s still stable after that : D.

I’ll update my local version in the morning and check this out.

After modding cata, all recipes are unlocked. Even with 0 skills in everything… Not sure if its fixed yet.