Cataclysm versioning is 0ver

Cataclysm is proud to announce it’s official adoption of the 0ver versioning standard.

4 Likes

If you’ll excuse my complete and total ignorance, and not feed me to the Mycus for asking stupid questions, what exactly does this do?

The link goes to GitHub, which in turn links to zerover.org, but I can’t pull that up in my browser for some reason. Googling “Zerover” takes me to some page about an NSAID named Paracetamol.

I assume, from the name, it does something along the lines of removing the 0.C/0.D labels from the development of the game, but what ultimate effect will that produce?

Edit: I found the problem. “zerover.org”, as listed on the GitHub page returns an error. “0ver.org”, using the number in place of the word goes to the page about 0-versioning. Cataclysm is already listed among the software using the standard as well.

If I’m reading this correctly, it says that software labelled using this standard will never reach a version 1?

I’m pretty sure this has something to do with April 1st.

2 Likes

I see. I forgot today was April 1st, which is odd considering that my brother called me today, asking me to help him remove a neighbor’s cow from his yard. I arrived, and lo and behold, there was no such cow.

Unfortunately, in an attempt to reinforce the illusion, he had also handed me a sturdy wooden pole prior to showing me to where the cow was not.

So what you’re saying is he didn’t have a cow, man?

{Insert joke about strangling here?}

That is The Simpsons, right?

Hell yeah it is.

Thanks minimum character limit for making me write more when I’m already short on time.

Major breaking changes!

I’m completely and totally confused as to what the heck is going on here.

I’m 99% sure Kevin was just April Foolsing us.