Cataclysm Thread on DF Forums

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.0

There are alot of good discussions and suggestions here. Anyway the core developers can help nudge people to post here. More people will see them. Lots of good ideas are crammed into a big thread. If we get thread authors to come here and make a new thread in our suggestion space, it will be easier for more people to comment on them.

This is a great open source community and alot of people have good ideas. I have seen alot of suggestions get fleshed out on the forum and improved from suggestions.

Yeah I know, people on DF forums may want to ‘stay’ there. But, posts from you guys nudging them over… may help.

Do NOT go “nudge” people on the df forums to post here, that is off-topic for the thread and kind of rude. They know the forums are here, if they want to post on these forums too they know they can.

this is for you youtoo

It’s been brought up in the DF thread before. The main response was that they liked that thread a little bit more then these forums, since it removed their “obligation” to feel like they need to necessarily agree with the game, and they felt that the DF community was still more accepting of individual opinions then the Cataclysm one.

But we love individual opinions here!

We just don’t care for the folks who come in and tell us that their opinion is the only correct one, and then try to enforce their will on everyone else.

It’s just a matter of manners, really.

whats up with all the anger here? developers telling people what to do? things have changed from when i was last here.

Anyways, i figure the DF guys would love this game, i am all for spreading the message, more players the better.

You know, you’re totally right, that was rude of me.

<3 Pretty please don’t bug people on the df DDA thread about joining the forums, it tends to come across as being pushy and puts people off. They know we have a forum here and can join if they want. <3

Better? :slight_smile:

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:7, topic:3001”]You know, you’re totally right, that was rude of me.

<3 Pretty please don’t bug people on the df DDA thread about joining the forums, it tends to come across as being pushy and puts people off. They know we have a forum here and can join if they want. <3

Better? :)[/quote]

Yup!

DF is a great great game, blood for the blood god and whatnot. Without it i would have an incredibly hard time understanding all this ascii stuff. in a way its DF that made love this game

uh… who are they referring to as not being accepting of individual opinions?

I don’t want to name any names, and I think in general it’s not like that, but there have certainly been a lot of instances of questions and suggestions being met with immediate hostility, so I can see the point. I tend to ignore people being rude like that, but I can see where it would be offputting.

Remind me, how many hundreds of pages long is the DF cata thread now?
Don’t worry, they’ll come post over here if they want.
[size=1pt]I actually learned of cata from the DF forums.[/size]

most people found tihs game from the DF forums… I think its 300 pages and there have been other threads.

The main reason why I dont really come over here often was due to the quantity of odd persons doing less-than-optimal things to others.
That and I find more interesting things over there.